DSC_0326_zpsdb15e749.jpg

DSC_0333_zps700ca76b.jpg

DSC_0345_zpsf2dd9d11.jpg

DSC_0353_zps9e7e80da.jpg

DSC_0327_zpse5718151.jpg

DSC_0360_zps08b4d526.jpg

Look at her cute little tummy! :heart

DSC_0363_zpscc6d178a.jpg

I usually hate fake decor, but my mom insisted I put something because my tank is too "boring" :rofl I'll take it out eventually.

The fish have been doing well. I upgraded them from a 5 gallon in June of 2013, soo they've been in the 29 for about 6 months. Of course, they had

become stunted, there is no way I can reverse that now, they will never be 10 inch commons. But I am pleased with the progress they have made. They're growing slowly and have definitely fattened up. They have the cutest little protruding bellies. :P Olive has grown more than Orange, which doesn't surprise me, since she hogs all the food. And for those of you who don't know, yes, Orange is missing a dorsal fin, it wasn't genetic, it was just a result of bullying in the 5 gallon from a third fish, how the fin is so cleanly missing is still a mystery to me. It is not growing back, but I really don't mind since it makes her so unique and cute. Olive and Orange have been with me for over a year now, I love them a lot. :heart :heart

Nothing exiting has gone on except for the recent explosion of diatoms. It covered everything, including my glass planter, which I removed since it was annoying me anyway. The tank is now a blank slate, and I'm stuck on how to re-decorate it.

Okay, that's all for now! Thanks for looking! (:

Georgia

They are so cute!!!! :heart

Nice pictures! I'm guessing you got your SD card? :)

Ha, yes I did. I got a really good deal at Best Buy for a 16 GB class 10 for $17.99, so I got two. ;)

I love this camera. I was scared because I bought the camera refurbished, but it works flawlessly. I still think there should be a Nikon d3200 club on the forum. :o

Orange and Olive are among my favorites here :heart Awesome photos, by the way. I guess you got the D3200 working again :teehee

E: yep :P

Awe, thanks Stratton. You're so nice. :bighug Yes, I did get it working eventually. :rofl I had to tinker with the settings and ISO and such to get it bright enough.

I haven't been getting the best pictures lately. :idont I'm going to charge my battery and see if that helps. :idont

What do you mean? Are they coming out dark? Charging the battery won't really make a huge difference, I think, but it's worth a try. Usually the camera will not permit shutter release when the battery is too low. Also, I've noticed if your shutter speed is really fast the pictures will become darker and darker. When photographing my fish, I usually don't really go over 1\150 of a second because it's not really necessary. My tank is not too light, I just have a plain LED on it, and the pictures still come out okay. I try not to go over 800 ISO because I'll get a fair amount of noise in the picture. If they're still dark after this, I'd try raising the exposure compensation and see how that goes. :idont

Also, make sure to take pictures of the tank after dark, I found that when I did it in the daytime, the camera would focus on the reflections on the tank rather than the fish. Some of the shots where you see colored dots in the background is actually the reflection of my Christmas lights on the tank, it wasn't intentional, but I loved the look of it. :D They look like celestial fish swimming through space. :rofl

sorry, I ramble D:

Did u paint the back and sides of the tank black? Like the look

Thank you. :heart And nope, just used some black poster paper from the dollar store and taped it on the back only. It was a little short, so I cut another strip and attached it as well. :) It's more beautiful at night time.

:thumbup2:

Thanks, Koko! :D

I keep mine at 1/160-1/200 ISO 1600-3200 and Aperture at 5.6.

Bumping down the shutter should make a difference. Try starting at 1\125 and go down from there. Your fish should still be sharp, my little buggers swim 100 miles per hour and I still get decent shots. Keep the ISO where it is for now and see how that goes. Aperture seems fine. :thumb:

Keep practicing and adjusting, that's the only way you'll learn. I'm still trying to figure it out. :rofl

Quick question, how far are you from Dorny park? My school choir and band is taking a school trip there in May. :) I think I might be going!

I am, I am! The pictures I have now are pretty terrible. :scared

And, why you want to visit me? :hide: Haha, just kidding. :P The Dorney Park in Allentown? I live about an hour or hour and a half from Allentown. ;)

I am, I am! The pictures I have now are pretty terrible. :scared

And, why you want to visit me? :hide: Haha, just kidding. :P The Dorney Park in Allentown? I live about an hour or hour and a half from Allentown. ;)

I want to change mine too. :lol3

:rofl hmmmm I have no idea which one. I thought there was only one in PA? :idont

Georgia, Your post was really nice to read. It made me kind of choke up some though. I think you are such a sweet, caring, fish owner that loves your fish dearly. If your fish are stunted and don't grow much due to lack of previous space they sure do have the room now. Olive and Orange look adorable. I think your Mom's choice of decoration looks cute. I like the little flowers. :) And I think it's great that she has an interest in your tank. :)

They look great!!!!

Thanks Heidi! :hi

They look like they're growing nicely! :)

I hope so! I don't think they'll ever reach monster-potential like yours. :o

Georgia, Your post was really nice to read. It made me kind of choke up some though. I think you are such a sweet, caring, fish owner that loves your fish dearly. If your fish are stunted and don't grow much due to lack of previous space they sure do have the room now. Olive and Orange look adorable. I think your Mom's choice of decoration looks cute. I like the little flowers. :) And I think it's great that she has an interest in your tank. :)

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Stop or you'll make me cry, Cheryl! :rofl

No but seriously, thank you very much. I feel terrible on how I treated them in the 5 gallon. But I have grown so much as a fishkeeper since finding Koko's.

Love your little fishies :heart Your photos are great too! Very crisp :thumb:

Thank you! I'm really glad I got the new camera!

My goodness I really like these two little fish! :wub:

Can't wait for updates as they grow. :heart

Pfft, the next update will probably be in 3 years. :lol They don't change much. I call them my miniature carp. :P

and thanks!

I'm posting to your reply back to me. It wouldn't let me post directly.

Taylor and I did the same thing. We all learn from our mistakes. We had two in a 5 1/2 gallon for a short bit before they went into a 10g. We kept upgrading. We didn't know better either.