Sign in to follow this  
monkeyzero

Updates and questions :)

Hello All! :)

I've missed being on the forums. College and work has kept me crazy busy! Who knew college would be this insane!!!

Anyways

Some updates

The 60 hex is doing well. One of my filters is acting funny so I have to check on it. There are currently 4 little ones in there at the moment. 2 orandas, one pearlscale and a fantail. They're really little at the moment and with frequent WC's, they are thriving :) A week ago, I added in a giant comet who I had in QT. She is large(4 inches) but she's living there temporarily. She has a broken tail and doesn't swim very fast. I don't think the long fins help.

Everyone in that tank is doing well and my water quality has been good, knock on wood. :fishtank

My pond is also doing well. The fish are staying near the bottom as the weather is cold here :cold: . They do come up when I'm near the pond to say hello :) I honestly have no idea how many fish are in there. It's hard to count them since they look the same for the most part lol.

My 10 gal betta tank is also thriving with plants and Everitt is happy as usual. He's incredibly smart, well sorta. He swims into the net rather than spazzing out and getting away. And he knows when it's feeding time :)

My main concern is with the 20 tall I have set up in my room. While I was away on vacation, the heater broke and my cichlids passed away. I felt terrible. So now, there are 2 WCMM's living in there.

My question is, what do I do what that tank now? I want to set it up again but I don't know with what. I want something that won't need a bigger tank and still thrive.

I want to spend under $50 on the tank. There is black sand as substrate, some plants and of course the filter. I can get another heater which I'm not including in the cost. I don't know what to put in. I'm trying to stay away from Cories and neons. Neons because they are crazy sensitive and cories just cause they get boring after a while.

Any ideas? Thanks :)

Added - the WCMM's can be returned to the store if need be :)

Fancy guppies or ember tetras, maybe?

Welcome back. College is crazy, definitely.

You could do a betta sorority. 20G is a good size for that. You'd probably be spending most of your less-than-$50 on decorations to break up the line of sight and let each of your ladies define her own territory. I've never kept a sorority, but I've wanted to for a while, and I've heard that once you've gotten everybody settled and comfortable with each other, it's entertaining to watch them interact.

I had a sorority for a while until my old filter gave out while I was gone for a week. It was nice but I'm trying to keep peaceful fish in the bed room :) The sorority had issues for about 4-5 days until the girls settled down. Even then, I didn't much issues after. There is a clear alpha and the rest of the girls just swim about. But I got lucky. I might consider it again. Not sure.

Snails are far too boring lol.

I was thinking about a tadpole but frogs freak me out(which sounds silly, I know). Or hermit crabs but I strayed away from that idea.