Sign in to follow this  
ranetree

Drogon!

Drogon has been with me since summer 2013, where he was my "deskmate" at my summer internship. (I am not made for the sterile environment of an office, and my employer allowed me to get Drogon and keep him at my desk.) While he was originally in a single-gallon tank without heater or filter, he's been upgraded to a 2G and now has both.

His tank sits right on my nightstand, so every morning I'm greeted with the sight of him flaring and zipping around in front of me going 'where's breakfast? feed me, human!' Sometimes I'll play a game with him in the mornings and sit up so he sees me (and gets super-excited), and then duck down so I'm out of sight. He stops flaring and just hangs there confused, and the second I pop back up, he starts flaring again. :teehee He easily has the most personality of any betta I've owned.

Though I'd had two bettas before him, Drogon is the one who really got me interested in aquaria and fishkeeping. He's quite active and happy in his current tank, but I have plans to move him to a 5.5G sometime soon and fill it with real plants, so he'll soon be even happier! But currently, his tank is rather ugly and beginner-ish, so I'm a bit ashamed to post full pictures of the setup. Instead, enjoy pictures of my handsome boy!

tumblr_myj8kwvrIC1r5v3b8o1_500.png

tumblr_mx7mksuokD1r5v3b8o1_500.png

The top picture is more recent, and taken with a better camera. The bottom one is from shortly after I'd filled his tank and introduced him to it (no cycling or special acclimation technique--whoops! Fortunately, he's survived.) I'm always amazed at how red he looks in photos. The bottom pic is more what his colors look like in person--he's largely black with a slight reddish tone to his underside, and well-defined red and black areas to his fins. The top pic shows of his little cheetah spots on his dorsal fin, though! He's pretty good-looking for a pet store mutt!

He's beautiful!! :heart

Handsome guy!!!

He's gorgeous :) and a 5.5 gallon rectangular tank will make him super happy I'll bet ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

:heart He's a looker!

Thank you all for your kind words! (And Drogon says thank you for all the compliments! Well, okay, he flared and begged for more food, but I think he was happy to know others appreciate his good looks! :rofl )

I've made a temporary New Year's resolution not to make any purchases over $20 (except for gas) until I get a new job, but I spoke to the hiring manager at Petsmart today and let him know who I was and that I'd applied for a position, so hopefully Drogon's new tank will be here soon! And I'll certainly be posting pictures of it when I've got it set up!

Wow, he really is a handsome guy :) Congrats on the cutie!

Beautiful! :)

He's pretty! I like the subtle coloring :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Your betta is beautiful.

Good for you on making such a New Years resolution. I would not be able to stick to that at all. So you don't go over your $20.00 perhaps you might want to get a 10 gallon tank for around $13.00 at Petco or Petsmart for Drogon. Both of you might love that size. Granted it won't be the bigger filter or heater that you'll need.

Edited by 4prettyfish