Biggest Rescue Yet, Need Some Good Vibes

goldiegeek

Hi Guys,

So tomorrow I will be doing the biggest rescue yet. I got a call from a lady in Toronto whose mother has Cancer and is in palliative care. The woman has 2 frogs, tropicals and goldfish. I called my buddy who does tropical rescue and he's taking the frogs and fish, I'm taking the goldies. They have been locked in a house for four weeks:( We have no idea what we are going to find when we get there. I am waiting for photos now.

I need some good vibes coming this way for those poor fish. I just hope they are in good enough condition that we can get them "back on their feet" and re-homed. Photos to come.

I'll try to post as much as I can about this rescue and hopefully we'll have a really happy ending:)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much guys! Those vibes must have made it because here is the photo I got. Way overstocked, but not "looking" like they are in dire straits:) We shall see. I'm bringing my test kit with me.

rescue_zps55a7080f.jpg

I see about 19. Time to break out some more tanks. I've got someone with a pond who will be taking all of them once we get them evaluated! I'm so happy for these guys. I'll be taking photos once we get to the house tomorrow, so I'll post "their story". Hopefully the frogs and tropicals are looking good as well:)

It's a ton, eh? I was surprised at how many they have in a 30 gallon. When I told the contact that the tank wasn't big enough for even one common, she was really upset. Apparently this lady had a bunch of cats and rabbits too that went to the humane society. I'm guessing that there is a little bit of animal hoarding going on. My rescue buddy has been in homes with extreme hoarding, so he's going to bring us some hazmat type suits just in case. We do know that there was cat poop everywhere, but it could just be from her being in hospital. I feel so bad for these animals. No one knew she had them until she asked one of her doctors if he was going to take care of her animals for her. That's when her daughter got involved. Should make for an interesting/busy New Year's day...although I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing:)

So many but the photo having no still fish is a good sign. :teehee

I'm sure they'll love their new home in a pond. :bighug

I was so excited when my girlfriend told me she would take them. They live in the country and are expanding their pond to a 2000 gallon pond. The timing is perfect.

Great job Sarah and goods luck with the fish, hope they are healthy and make the rescue easy for you!

Thanks Meghan! I was really surprised to see the tank like that after 4 weeks. We'll see how their water checks out. Hopefully I'll only have them for a short time. The most I've ever gotten at once was 9. This is gonna get hectic lol.

I see 21. :o

Not only is it only a 30 gallon but it's only about 2/3 full. :o

Good luck with them. So nice of you to rescue them. :nana

There was a ceiling fan right above the tank too, so I'm glad it didn't evaporate even more than the 1/3. :) So far, everything has fallen into place for these guys. Sounds cheesy, but with what has happened to the owner, it almost feels like someone's looking out for her animals.

Thanks so much for the well wishes everyone! Got a great update: my girlfriend with the pond is going to meet us there and take half the fish with her right away. She said she would create an account here if any of the fish are sick, just to get some advice:) We're getting amped up here in Ottawa lol. Tanks are ready (although they are all over the house). Got the alarm set. Hubby is ready for go time and the kids are ready to get their hands dirty:) Let's do this thing.

Best part: the owner cried when her daughter told her that the fish are all taken care of. The daughter said she hasn't seen her mom so happy in a long time:) Yay!

Great job Sarah and goods luck with the fish, hope they are healthy and make the rescue easy for you!

Thanks Meghan! I was really surprised to see the tank like that after 4 weeks. We'll see how their water checks out. Hopefully I'll only have them for a short time. The most I've ever gotten at once was 9. This is gonna get hectic lol.

Well they look like single tails so at least thry will be sturdy. Let us know what comes if it