Ranchu with pinkish spot/ucler on gill cover

Andy228

Thanks fantail. One more week of qt before I place the nerite in main tank. Will 0.1% kill them?

Helen she usually come to the surface and gulp some air at start of feeding. Afterward she goes to the bottom looking for food. Sometimes I see air bubbles coming out of her gills after she gulped air.

Thanks fantail. One more week of qt before I place the nerite in main tank. Will 0.1% kill them?

Helen she usually come to the surface and gulp some air at start of feeding. Afterward she goes to the bottom looking for food. Sometimes I see air bubbles coming out of her gills after she gulped air.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red spot is gone. In qt with other two ryukins getting prazi and salt. She is still eatting well floaty afterward and sometimes upside down on the bottom of the tank.

IMG_20140224_104645_zpsq3kogpws.jpg

Edited by Andy228

It's unfortunate, but I think the only way to keep this fish from reverting back to this issue is to do a very low water depth container. This is a problem that sometimes happen with telescopes and other compact bodied goldfish. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Dnalex,

During a wc yesterday, I noticed a red area in mustard's back. Its the area expose above surface of water when she swimming close to the water line.

I did a 0.3% salt dip for 5 minutes today. Is it just redden from exposure to air?

_20140319_193221_zpsglxcbm5h.jpg

Edited by Andy228

Hello Andy,

I think that is definitely the result of exposure to air and drying out of his skin, leading to irritation and ulceration.

Is he still completely floaty?

Mustard never had issue with floatyness. However, I have seen her occasionally hanging out by the surface. No other symptoms. Gave them some cooked deshelled peas today. Will do two more salt dip and see.

Redness on back is gone. However, there is a small red spot right gill cover. Opposite side where she had the healed ulcer. Hopefully it is not the same thing. WC and 3% salt dip today. Photo bucket is not working so I can't upload.

No mms. Just 10 days of kanaplex then 8 days of Melafix which cured left size ulcer. I might move her to Qt and treat with 0.1% salt or wait and see first. Thx

Left sided gill plate ulcer

Dapped the right gill red spot with hydrogen peroxide 2 days ago and its gone. Bad news is she hangs out by water surface tilted to eithet right or left side. She can correct herself. Also noted a red spot on her right, lower back. Took photos but unable to photobucket from phone. She is eating well. Gave frozen bs spirulina today.