Ranchu with pinkish spot/ucler on gill cover

Andy228

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My videos are not appearing in photobucket. Able to upload but not showing up even after several days. It worked before. I have an android phone. The length of videos are 5 - 8 sec under 6 mb. Any ideas?

My videos are not appearing in photobucket. Able to upload but not showing up even after several days. It worked before. I have an android phone. The length of videos are 5 - 8 sec under 6 mb. Any ideas?

YouTube?

I really truly sincerely and most fervently hate PB. :rofl

PB must limit only 3 videos. Deleted one and my new video was loaded. Here is a video of sheila eating repashy jel. I feed because she can't track down the sinking jel food. Plus the other three gobble everything in sight.

th_TRIM_20140209_223017_zpslfbhd862.jpg

Noticed some redness on sheila's belly today. She was able to eat but spent more time upside down. Plan to move her back to qt and try melafix. Gave them frozen blood yesterday. Does it look like burn from heater?IMG_20140211_185317_zps1czt4ba1.jpg_20140211_185408_zpsffzyhbao.JPG

While sheila is in qt, i want to try seachem metronidazole for floating issue. What dosage and how ling should I treat?

200-400 mg/10 gallons, but MMs should be better, I think. (It too also contains metronidazole.)

Isn't it the same? Mm is just food with metro.

Not at all...MMs is food with metro, Romet B, and oxytetracycline.

In most cases, this is much better than metro alone. :)

I now have pimafix on hand. Do you think Sheila will need it along with melafix?

No

I don't know how well Pimafix works, and the eugenol component worries me. Since she seems to be improving steadily, I would rather not add it.

Gave peas yesterday. She is floaty especially after meals but somewhat recover next day. This has been the pattern. She sometimes float by the caudel fin with her head lower to the bottom. She still all have a very good appetite.IMG_20140220_090820_zpsmnjvyk1r.jpg

Have not paid attention only been feeding once a day. She is with two nerite snails and two new ryukins. They have been in qt with 8 days of melafix. Planning to do 4 rounds of prazi with 1% salt. Is it safe to treat nerite with prazi and 1% salt?

Nerite is fine with salt (and I hope you mean 0.1%). I have no experience with Melafix and Nerites, but I just quickly searched and found that a Mars Pet Care consultant stated specifically that both Melafix and Pimafix are snail safe.

Yes 0.1%. For Morton pickling fine grain salt 3/4 tsp per gallon right? Her poo appears translucent with a bubble. One red spot came back. Should not be new heater burn since I placed a cover over it 2 days ago.

IMG_20140221_211738_zpsnmngfuql.jpg

_20140221_211641_zps7qpneixo.jpg

Yes. However she has been floaty many times before but that did not happened. Completed wc no melafix. Might start prazi and salt Sunday. Plan to give sheila bs and spirulina again.

Yes. However she has been floaty many times before but that did not happened. Completed wc no melafix. Might start prazi and salt Sunday. Plan to give sheila bs and spirulina again.

I'm actually 99.9% certain that it's just because she dried out. This unfortunately happens with floaty fish at the places where they are exposed to air.

The only real way to try to help her is to see if we can fix the floatiness. Let's start by a big fast for 3 days.

• Supporter

hi andy, i am sorry that your fish is still not well :(

i have a question from my own curiousness. does she surface gulp much? ie, straight after meals, does she spend a lot of time gulping air at the surface for an hour or so?