Ranchu with pinkish spot/ucler on gill cover

Andy228

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, before water change. A lot of poop in water. Yesterday I saw a translucent floating poop with air in them. Wonder if that was culprit.

Let's carry out our plan as outlined, and see.

You have Repashy, and what other food?

I'm also assuming no news is good news with Mustard! :)

Have repashy super green, soilent green, saki-hikari purple fancy goldfish sinking pellets(which I have not given in awhile), hikari frozen blood worms and bs + spirulina.

Sheila's balance much improved have not noticed her swimming upside down or sideway.

As for mustard, there was a light pinkish/orange spot inside the ulcer. Used hydrogen peroxide and swapped it once. Now its clean. It us still open not closed.

Have not had a chance to do another salt dip on William.

IMG_20140115_223907_zpszqjxd9jf.jpgIMG_20140115_223921_zpsspdvlb1r.jpg

Communicated via email 3 days ago. From start he suggested the following.

He has been helping and has not charge for either fish.

1. Hydrogen peroxide swap 1 - 2 days.

2. If no improvement, apply neosporin ointment after blotting several time on paper towel. (Did not try since I was giving kanaplex and wound was healing. Maybe I should try now.)

3. Nitrofuracin green (expensive and don't know how much to buy.)

http://www.nationalfishpharm.com/products3.html

Mustards ulcer today after HP swap yesterday.IMG_20140116_222806_zps7jw4sv68.jpg

Let's get the nitrofuracin green of the smallest size. That should be more than enough.

I put a lot of faith in Ken's ability, and would like to follow his suggestion. :)

What is your opinion on api melafix? The description says for open wound/sore and its natural.

I want to try medications I have on hand beford buying another one.

Trying melafix on mustard and william for 7 days. If that fails I will order nitrofuracin green. Returned sheila to main tank this morning. She is still floaty not as bad as before.IMG_20140117_231849_zpsmqw5re5k.jpgth_VID_20140118_130430_zpsiuuhpu9a.jpg

Continue with your brine food please. :)

I really think that at the rate the wen issue keeps coming back you really need to get what Ken has suggested, or get oxolinic acid. Melafix has very limited use and effectiveness, in my experience.

Or, I would at least order what Ken suggested, while you are trying the Melafix. :)

After 8 days of brine shrimp and spirulina switched back to repashy gel food several days ago. Sheila is still floaty after meals but right herself better. Next morning she is back to normal. Maybe she likes being upsidedown. :)

IMG_20140125_231946_zpsk1j3mvgz.jpgIMG_20140125_232448_zps06y7fsq0.jpg

I wouldn't worry about those spots. I actually think they might be breaks in the caudal rays, and will not go away.

My Othello has two spots like that, and they have been there for a few years and have not changed in size or appearance.