Ranchu with pinkish spot/ucler on gill cover

Andy228

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how does metronidazole treat buoyancy issue? Is it caused by bacteria, parasite, or fungus?

Both fish appears to be doing well in qt. Sheila, butterfly telescope still having on and off buoyancy issue but appears to be improving. She swam upright this morning.

Out of curiosity, how does metronidazole treat buoyancy issue? Is it caused by bacteria, parasite, or fungus?

Both fish appears to be doing well in qt. Sheila, butterfly telescope still having on and off buoyancy issue but appears to be improving. She swam upright this morning.

Buoyancy issues, being floaty is particular, may be caused because of problems to the swim bladder, including infection of the organ, or by the accumulation of excess fermenting (gas producing) bacteria.

These bacteria are most likely to be anaerobic, since they live in a low oxygen environment. Hence, metronidazole, who antibacterial spectrum is directed against anaerobic bacteria.

Thanks. What is your thought in seachem paraguard? Seachem website says it treat parasites, fungus, bacteria, and viruses. Can I use it instead of metron?

This is a aldehyde based medication. I don't think that it will do much against floatiness, but you always can try.

Started on 12/29 so 6th day. Wound is not as pink and red but ulcer wider.

Sheila is swimming much better have not noticed any upside down swimming. I have been feeding repashy jel food only once a day.

Should I proceed with metro or salt after 10 days?

Another problem, William my orange ranchu has white spots on left caudal fin. Not on the body. The white spots started to appear roughly same time if not a little before sheila and mustard, black/gold ranchu were placed together. He is in the main tank. Is it ich? How should I treat? Looks like it is spreading to right caudal fin.

IMG_1630_zps14c8c880.jpg

IMG_1623_zpsdf808578.jpg

Let's just observe for the next couple of days, before deciding what to do. Please update as often as you like, so that we can follow along.

I'm not convinced that this is ich, since you treated with salt, AND it has been too long since you've brought the fish home. I also don't think the new fish introduced it, but we will know more in the next couple of days.

Will keep you guys updated. I plan to clean the tank and filter today.

Sheila was upside down again after feeding and overnight. Today she is upright but bottom sitting. Qt tank water has been changed daily. This is how much I feed daily.

IMG_20140105_114516_zpsy1wr9zxe.jpg

IMG_20140105_115044_zpsmmmzgocw.jpg

IMG_20140105_115238_zpsawmmnynt.jpg