At what age can my fry be move with my adult goldfish?

thenath

At what age can my fry be move with my adult goldfish?

Thanks

Argg..my brother told me that her daughter wants one of my baby goldfish but he just want to put the fry in a bowl and keep it until it died...No way! I just smile and change subject.

I'm way too attach to them. I will give one to a friend but for the rest I will have to give them to a local fish store. Makes me worried when I know there's more like my brother..(he's a sweet guy but not to sentimental when it comes to fish).

O bother...I want to keep them but can't obviously. I might keep the one who's a misfit.

Thanks ..My fish ate a big pleco once...that's why they could look like food for a while. Umm guess that there's not a consciousness at one point like some other fish in the realization that its the same species so they won't eat them.

If your goldfish ate a large Pleco that means it was sick or dead. Plecos aren't normally recommended with goldfish. Look on the compatible fish page on the main site for fish that can be housed with goldfish.

Adult goldfish will prey on their fry until they are large enough to be considered one of the gang. As long as you have enough space and clean water, and feed them regularly you can introduce your fry at the appropriate size :)

Thanks bododa!

Yes I found out about the pleco later..

..I think it was more a mistake from my goldfish to ate him because the pleco look healthy and he swallowed him in one bite execpt that the tail didn't pass and was hanging out of my goldfish mouth...Had to remove the pleco from my goldfish ..Wow was I nervous as I didn't know that pleco fins got picky so might of provoke internal bleeding. And actually my goldfish has red spots on his head since so ??? But that has been at least a year from now.

When I say large pleco I really meant for my goldfish mouth size :) ..more like one 3/4 of an inch. Hahaha sorry for the lack of precision.

Umm guess that there's not a consciousness at one point like some other fish in the realization that its the same species so they won't eat them.

Yes there is, but I don't know if anyone has figured out at what age they recognize that "bit of live food" is actually family. I've never seen one of my goldfish bother a baby that actually looked like a little goldfish to human eyes.