Pom poms rare?

goldiegeek

Quinn my blue oranda from petsmart has Pom poms :)

Aka nasal bouquets :rofl (that's for Jenna)

:rofl thank you :D

Was that term inspired in any way by Rain Garden? If not.... check out the pom pom description on the site! :o

Quinn my blue oranda from petsmart has Pom poms :)

Aka nasal bouquets :rofl (that's for Jenna)

:rofl thank you :D

Was that term inspired in any way by Rain Garden? If not.... check out the pom pom description on the site! :o

I honestly can't remember why I said that :hmm But now that you mentioned it, I may have pulled it out of the steel trap of my memory after reading RG's description! :teehee

Oh! derp.

I don't think i've seen any fish with large pom poms before.

Was your guy from the same store that offered up those amazing eggfish and the Thai ranchu? :idont

Aubrey, I was looking online the other day and saw that he wrote "narial bouquets" and was so excited by the potential co-inkidink :rofl

Edited by jenzaar

Oh! derp.

Was your guy from the same store that offered up those amazing eggfish and the Thai ranchu? :idont

Aubrey, I was looking online the other day and saw that he wrote "narial bouquets" and was so excited by the potential co-inkidink :rofl

Mine was part of a rescue. This guy had 9 goldfish that he was "sick of". I told him to call me if he couldn't find homes. Sure enough, there I was picking up 9 fish. He said he got her from a store in Quebec somewhere. The only one I have seen in stores was a Grade A special order at my awesome Big Al's. He was HUGE and his poms were so big you couldn't see his eyes. He was lovely. $250 lovely lol.

I bought two of them at Petco. The prettier one died in quarantine. The other is perfectly healthy, but for some reason now has only one pom pom.

Did you get him that way?

No, he had two, but they weren't very big.

I bought two of them at Petco. The prettier one died in quarantine. The other is perfectly healthy, but for some reason now has only one pom pom.

Did you get him that way?

No, he had two, but they weren't very big.

Here's my girl. I think her's look pretty decent:)

F4400ACA-6391-4BC2-A4A1-2DD35C2A58B9_zps

Wow! Those are superb! Quinn's are petit compared to that and the same color as him so not as dramatic :)

I have never seen one in a store, but I would totally buy one if I did! I love the way they look. I saw a beautiful deep chocolate one with bright orange pompoms on Dandy Orandas. I browse their auctions but have never bought anything ... maybe when I move into my new place. I'd love to have really unique-looking fish in my living room tank.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wow! Those are superb! Quinn's are petit compared to that and the same color as him so not as dramatic :)

Thanks! She uses them to her advantage. Great for pushing the other two out of the way at feeding time. Do you have a photo? I'd love to see it if you do.

I have never seen one in a store, but I would totally buy one if I did! I love the way they look. I saw a beautiful deep chocolate one with bright orange pompoms on Dandy Orandas. I browse their auctions but have never bought anything ... maybe when I move into my new place. I'd love to have really unique-looking fish in my living room tank.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They're awesome. It is said they are harder to keep as the poms are susceptible to infection. I've never had one issue...even with the great cottage mishap of 2012 (my brother almost killed my fish, he's 30 going on 15).

Sometimes you see them in LFS. I never saw any at a Petsmart in the area, but I think I have come across a few at Petco, as well as at non-chain LFS.

I'd love to have one that looks like yours!

Thanks! It's bizarre how some of us never see certain types, yet others see them all the time. Not fair:)

Oh she is fab!!!! :heart

Amazing that we didn't get on you for pics. :rofl but I'm glad you posted that! :D

Thank you. She's a cute little (evil bully) fish. lol

She starts "pillow fights" at feeding time.

Do these guys come in any colours besides the copper/chocolate hues?

Oh! derp.

Mine was part of a rescue. This guy had 9 goldfish that he was "sick of". I told him to call me if he couldn't find homes. Sure enough, there I was picking up 9 fish. He said he got her from a store in Quebec somewhere. The only one I have seen in stores was a Grade A special order at my awesome Big Al's. He was HUGE and his poms were so big you couldn't see his eyes. He was lovely. $250 lovely lol.

Oh wow I couldn't imagine paying that much fir a goldfish lol

This is the best I could get with my cell. Looks better in real life

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I love a pom pom!! So jealous. The closest I have is my Tango, he's an oranda with white head/and orange nasal bouquet that is pretty prominent. That's why I picked him. Never seen an actual Pom Pom in a store, probably wouldn't be able to help myself