It's Chunk!

molbert73

A few weeks ago I visited my favorite lfs an hour away because I was in the area and I needed a little cheering up, and who isn't cheered up looking at beautiful fish :) I was not looking to buy anything as I didn't have room. As it was I was pushing the stocking limits in my tank and I had just downsized from a 125 gallon to try and simplify my life.

As I was walking down one of the aisles I saw a tank with some gorgeous goldfish. When I rounded the corner to the front of the tank there he was! The #1 fish on my list! A gorgeous (and huge) calico ranchu! I drove home and could not stop thinking about this fish! I called the store and put him on hold :) The plan then was to trade in my calico tele when I went back for the chu but then my 5 year old son declared the tele his favorite and I then decided to get the fish a 55 for Christmas and keep Cleo the tele.

My husband quickly fell in love with this new chu and although I was trying for a Christmas themed name my husband kept saying "we should name him Chunk because he looks like he's doing the truffle shuffle" (from The Goonies) Well my kids thought it was hilarious and it stuck.

Yesterday was the big day. I switched the 36 for a 55 and Chunk got to join his new buddies :)

Enough rambling. Time for pics!

Chunk in the store. How could you not bring him home?!?!

20131209_140746.jpg

At home in QT

20131209_161256.jpg

Hanging out with his new friends

20131221_082627.jpg

That face gets me every time!

20131221_082704.jpg

You know you want to pinch those cheeks :)

20131221_082655.jpg

Bonus video

th_20131221_082140.jpg

Chuuuuuuunnkk! :rofl He's stunning! :thud as are your others! His face really is adorable! Calicos are the bees knees! I'm so happy for you Molly :hug Glad QT is over and went swimmingly :) Please keep flooding us with Chunk spam :Jig:

Chuuuuuuunnkk! :rofl He's stunning! :thud as are your others! His face really is adorable! Calicos are the bees knees! I'm so happy for you Molly :hug Glad QT is over and went swimmingly :) Please keep flooding us with Chunk spam :Jig:

Don't you worry :) I forgot to get a background for the tank yesterday so I have to get one (hopefully today) and you know what that means...... More pics!

He is Adorable!! I'm glad you could take him home.

That is one nice fish!

Great find Molly.

It looks nice with your other fish.

What are you gonna do for background?

I wanted to paint it black but I still wanted the option to change it. I guess I'll go out and see what catches my eye :) Probably black though ;)

how freakin adorable :wub:

congratulations, hun :bighug

Thanks, Helen :wub:

Edited by molbert73

• Supporter

He's so beautiful Molly!! I can't believe that you have a lfs that sells fish like that..........I wonder how far away it is from my house. :hummm

Congratulations and I'm glad to see he's in the main tank. :)

He's so beautiful Molly!! I can't believe that you have a lfs that sells fish like that..........I wonder how far away it is from my house. :hummm

Congratulations and I'm glad to see he's in the main tank. :)

They got this group from a new supplier :) I'm gonna have to resist going there too often or I'll be back to the 125 in no time!

It's not too far for you right??? And it would be like a tropical vacation for you :D

Edit: and thanks, Dan :)

Edited by molbert73

He's adorable Molly!! :nana.

You should get an OceanVisions background. :lol2. They are self adhesive and peel off in one piece. I'll never have anything else! :o

Thanks, Lisa. Where would one acquire one of those?

I can't wait to go see all of the fun new fish with you guys. Knowing Chunk is so beautiful amps me up even more! :heart

I can't wait either! Maybe that red and white oranda will still be there and come home with you :)

Edited by molbert73

OMG! I think that is the cutest chu I have ever seen!!! Adorable!! :wub:

BTW, after watching Lisa's video, I was able to put on an Oceanvisions background lickity split! No problems! They are great!

Here's the thread:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/113843-how-to-apply-an-oceanvisions-aquarium-background/?hl=%2Bhow+%2Bto+%2Bapply+%2Ban+%2Boceanvisions+%2Bbackground

You can get them here:

http://www.thatpetplace.com/crystal-black-oceanvisions-background

I believe I got mine here:

http://www.aquariumguys.com/oceanvisions10.html

If you get one, order it a foot longer than the tank as they don't always come cut perfectly straight. :D

BTW, after watching Lisa's video, I was able to put on an Oceanvisions background lickity split! No problems! They are great!

:nana I'm so glad you chimed in!! I was thinking it was you that did it but I wasn't completely sure. :teehee

Lisa, I'll look in to ordering one. Today I might just get something temporary :)

Edited by molbert73

Fabulous! Even I (Miss One Fish) would have brought him home.

See what I mean???? Never say never :)

He is sooo adorable....i love the face!

Ill take if you need to find a home... Just saying :)

I'll keep that in mind :)