white thing growning from his gills.

Sally2007

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I started the prazi , the only thing I notice after starting the prazi is that he's bottom sitting more. How long should I feed the medication food for?

Has he been eating his full daily dosages? For how long?

Yes I started the prazi , the only thing I notice after starting the prazi is that he's bottom sitting more. How long should I feed the medication food for?

Has he been eating his full daily dosages? For how long?

He's been eating this food for about 13days , well I've been putting the medication in the peas but when I put it in the tank I can see some of the medication fall out of the food.

He's bottom sitting all the time , I find when I clean his tank he moves around more, all his testes are ok tho , he's eating , I don't have a lot more medication for him, do u think I should still be feeding him that or should I feed him reg food?

I don't see any improvement with Rupert , can the disease be columnaris ? I googled the disease that's the only disease that I see that can affect the gills like that, it looks like a cottony growth.

I don't see any improvement with Rupert , can the disease be columnaris ? I googled the disease that's the only disease that I see that can affect the gills like that, it looks like a cottony growth.

I had thought it might have been columnaris, although that particular disease kills fish very quickly. So I don't think that is it.

I think that this is more in line with being an inflamed gill, which can happen when bacteria, parasites or viruses infect the gills.

I'm actually not sure that there is much we can do at this stage.

I googled some pics for that disease and it looks similar , can I treat for it and see what happeneds? The salt and prazi is not doing anything.

Of course you can!

Good luck!

I googled some pics for that disease and it looks similar , can I treat for it and see what happeneds? The salt and prazi is not doing anything.

Of course you can!

Good luck![/

Thank you :-) I will try