Somebody Is a Antenna Nipper!

Jeana727

Dang it! Somebody must have nipped my big Mystery Snail's antenna!! It's about half gone!! :mad: Will it grow back?

He's seems fine. (I'm a little ticked off though)

:hmm My bettas nip but my GF don't. Must have irresistable antennae. :o

Is this Bob we're talking about? :teehee

I was wondering the same thing! Either I haven't kept up (probably) or the story never did unravel. Did Bob ever come out??

Unfortunately the "Bob" story did not end well :death He never opened up but did become quite stinky!!! (And it seemed like he SHRUNK some inside his shell. When I held him up to the light you could tell.) Isn't that weird?

Edited by Jeana727

I hope he does fine, he seems ok. I haven't kept big snails in quite awhile (maybe this is why!! I don't remember) but there are a bunch of Ramshorn snails in there & the goldies seem to ignore them. I hope they will leave the Mystery Snails alone now!!! Glad to hear that the antenna grow back!!!

Good to hear that they heal from anteanna attacks!! I haven't figured out who the guilty party is yet!!

I, too, was really hoping BOB would be ok. I hate to loose one of my critters! They other snails seem to be doing fine (other than the anteanna thing! :yikes )

I guess he has recovered...........today I was doing my normal "Tank Check" to see that everyone was ok when I saw something to the back.........the 2 new snails were......ummmmm.....hugging each other...ALOT!!! :teehee:lol

• Supporter

May you will get a present lol. Just beware on rare occasions they will eat a wonded or otherwise unhealthy snail. I habe saw this happen once with apple snails. The snail had died before it happened but I have read they will sometimes attack heart snails especially if they are not getting much protein. If they are getting some of the fish food I don't think you would need to worry but just thought I'd put that out there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2