The Petco Rescue

ashlee18

I got this little guy for free yesterday from petco. He had been there for two weeks and has no fins! I normally walk away from rescues like him because I don't want to support the idea that selling sick or injured fish is okay, but the employee gave him to me for no charge. I also thought it would be nice to help him out during the holidays. I have him setup in a 10 galoon qt and will slowly add salt tonight since he made it through the first 24 hours. I also have to figure out a way to feed him. He still doesn't have a name either.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy. I watched the video before reading anything :teehee and wondered how big a QT you had for him. :rofl

Hope he makes a great recovery for ya! :D

Awww good luck, little dude!!! You're in good hands! Even if he doesn't make it long term, what a lucky break to be rescued by you :) :)

What a cutie! That poor thing!

If you can, move that filter all the way to one end, that way he can use the other side of the tank to rest. With the lack of fins he will easily get exhausted for trying to wiggle against the water current.

Is he eating? He looks skinny, and considered that he (hopefully) needs to regrow a bit of finnage, I would try to feed him a good amount of thawed bloodworms. A feeding cone would be perfect because it will keep the food readily available for him at the top of the tank, or at least hold the food in front of him on a tooth pick to make sure he gets enough food to eat. He definitely needs some strength back, poor fella looks so exhausted.

Poor little fella! :( I really hope you can nurse him back to health, it would be a wonderful rescue story.

Please frequently update us on him, okay? :heart

Edited by Georgia

• Supporter

Oh my gosh! You did such a wonderful thing by taking this little guy in. He definitely looks scrappy and under the weather, but I'm happy to hear that he has made it this far. With you caring for him, he has a wonderful shot at recovering and becoming a healthy goldie. Good luck and keep us updated :)