Where can I find a piece of smooth driftwood (fake or real)

cmclien

I'd like to add a piece of driftwood (fake is fine) to my tank as all I have are anubias plants and black Caribsea voodoo river substrate. It has to be totally smooth as two of my fish are very clumsy and bump into things and hurt their eyes so it can't have any type of sharp pointy knots. I have looked at the petstore but everything there is too rough. Anyone know of an online site I can find something like that? It would be nice to put some anubias on it.

Edited by CindiL

Cindi, I wouldn't recommend driftwood in tanks with super clumsy goldies. Although the sides may be smooth, the two ends will be sticking out unless you basically get a piece sanded down in either a wafer shape or an 'undesirable' shape. A good alternative would be a large, smooth stone.

Just my :twocents

Thanks for the great input, I've been so busy lately I only now am on-line reading this. What I like about my fake rock in my signature below is it perfectly smooth all over it just doesn't look as good as a piece of drift wood might look. I will look into these options.

*Chelsea, don't worry I would only buy something that was TOTALLY smooth, no points sticking out etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, make sure there aren't any hollow parts underneath that could harbor anaerobic bacteria.

(I am sure CindiL knows this, but if there are any inexperienced readers here, I want to make sure they're aware.)