The Cat-Goldfish Relationship

My cat loves my fish. They kiss him and try to eat his feet. He tries to smell them.

Oh how sweet!!! :wub::heart :heart

The relationship between my cat, Savvy, and the goldfish is a constant source of amusement. Whenever they see her near the tank, they swim up all wiggly and friendly to say hello. She clearly wants to eat them!

My cats for the most part ignore my fish. You would think that they would have a fun time watching these big fish swim around, but they could hardly care less. They care much more about the water in the tanks. One of my cats, Pepper, likes to drink out of my guppy tank, and I'm sure she would love to drink out of the goldfish tank if it was in a more reachable spot for her.

Once, I had my goldfish in a bucket sitting on a chair while I did a water change. I turned away for a minute, and when I looked back, both my cats were at the bucket drinking out of it! :wacko: They payed no attention to the goldfish, they just seemed to want to drink the exotic water.

lol that's such classic cat behaviour, to turn their noses up at the water you've so lovingly provided them to drink the special fish water! :rofl

lol that's such classic cat behaviour, to turn their noses up at the water you've so lovingly provided them to drink the special fish water! :rofl

It's happened before when I've had the fish in a bucket where they can get to them, except it usually isn't both cats. Even now my Pepper kitty likes to drink water out of the guppy tank, especially because it is in a place where she can get to it very easily. I've had some plants I had in a jar of water that I was trying to root for my aquarium, and she drank that dry, so then they died :huh: I'm just glad that she hasn't figured out that she can jump on top of the goldfish tank and drink out of the bountiful water (complete with a fountain!) that is there. :P

aww :) Too cute of a photo that you captured.

lol this is the first time I've been able to catch her on camera doing this. Usually she jumps down and runs away - guilty conscience!! :rofl

That's so cute! My cats don't care much for the fish, thankfully :P

haha yes you're lucky you don't need security on your tank!