• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) <5 ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 74F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons, 5 months ish
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AC 110 & sponge filter
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 80-90% every 5/6 days
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? I did an 80-90% four days ago and did a 50% change today
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 ~5" total length orandas and a BN pleco about 3" total length
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? HL pellets, repashy, peas, bloodworms, brine shrimp, glassworms, 3-4X a day.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? none
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Currently dosing prazipro
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment:
  • salt and prazi for four weeks earlier this year. After the 50% WC today, I gave the two orandas a salt bath before adding the prazi for round 2.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? eyes are swollen/bulging
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? occasionally floats still in upper water column. I saw him looking a little odd, took a closer look and noticed his eyes were weird looking. Shortly after, I noticed him pooping but it wasn't a normal poop. He sprayed it out almost, there were bits of it all over the place. He also has jerky movements at time. He was fine three hours ago at feeding time.

Sigh. It feels pretty bad having all these problems come up one after the other after such a long time period of no problems at all :( First Naruto's wen, and now that he's better, Arnie is sick.

Normal:

MLSf1ul.jpg

Now:

bSXQ8Bg.jpg

MttAcFY.jpg

2r1059K.jpg

On top of Alex's requests could you check for raised scales? I always become suspicious of fluid retention when both eyes begin to buldge.

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked and his scales are completely flat as usual

• Supporter

it appears you're going to need to set up QT with some epsom salt. they do look like fluid rings to me which indicates popeye.

you will need to be doing large or 100% daily water changes.

how soon can you set this up?

it appears you're going to need to set up QT with some epsom salt. they do look like fluid rings to me which indicates popeye.

you will need to be doing large or 100% daily water changes.

how soon can you set this up?

I have a 10 gallon for qt but I don't have epsom salt on hand. I can get some first thing tomorrow morning though. What do you think caused the popeye?

• Supporter

well, given that your other was/is currently ill & being treated for bacteria related issues, my next step is to walk you through your set up and try to pinpoint what you may have missed. so, we're going to look at plants, ornaments, gravel, rocks, filter housing, filter hoses etc even UV equipment and overhead light housing... everywhere water is present & where it may be stagnant or not clean.

really, that's the best we can do.

but, the main thing is to begin treatment for visible symptoms. so, when you get the Epsom in the morning, i would like you to set the QT up. for the first 3 days only, i would like you to use 1/2 teaspoon for every 10 US gallons. then reduce that to 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 gallons for the following 5 days.

during this time, you will feed nothing but MetroMeds.

i would like if you can also increase the heat of your treating tub to minimum 78F or maximum 80F

Thank you for all the well wishes everyone :) I checked on him this morning and he is now back to normal. His eyes are no longer bulging, his stomach is not bloated anymore, and he's swimming around happily and feeds fine.

hey, that's awesome :bighug

could you post a photo update of the wonderful news too? one of each eye like you did before :)

His eyes have swollen up again. He looked 100% back to normal until I fed him this morning, about 3 hours ago. His swimming is weird/floaty again and his belly is a little bloated.

Do you know how much he weighs/how many pellets of MMs to feed? :idont

Good luck with him. :hug

Yes, I got that part down :) And thank you.

He's doing well so far. As of this very moment his eyes aren't swollen but he refuses to eat any more metromeds -____- He'll eat the pellet then spit it out without looking back. I've tried infusing some garlic in there too but even that failed. Maybe he'll eat again tomorrow.