Princess Peach Got His First Two Breeding Stars

BronwynH

I started to suspect Peaches was a boy over the summer. By October I was pretty sure. Yesterday morning I noticed two brand new breeding stars on his left gill plate when I fed the fishies their breakfast. By evening 'hormonal teenage boy' kicked in and Peaches was incessantly chasing and headbutting Sarge my female ryukin. After a while I started to feel Sarge was being a little picked on (Peaches is the only male in the tank, but he was only interested in her), so I turned off the light a little early and things calmed down. Today Peaches seems less fixated.

So congrats to Peaches for being a big boy now!

I wanted to take some photos, but Peaches is a busy little guy and it's hard to get anything that's in focus. If I do succeed I shall share.

:teehee "Princess" Peach.....that just cracked me up. Don't get me wrong....I am THE BEST at naming a goldie the wrong name!!! How about PRINCE Peach!! (One of my all time favorite goldies I had YEARS ago I was named Big Boy......ended up being a big GIRL!!!)

Edited by Jeana727

Congrats on finding out your fish is a boy.

My red cap had a girl name until breeding stars were noticed. He's now Valentino instead of Lucy. Sounds like you might want to change the name of your fish now. :)

Thanks everyone. Princess Peach is now pretty much just Peaches.

This morning I noticed several of the fish I was convinced were girls also now have their first breeding stars: Beatrice and Isis are also now confirmed boys. Isis will probably now be Osiris, I haven't decided yet about Beatrice's name.