• * Ammonia Level(Tap)0.25
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)5
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)8.3
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 80-82
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?QT 1o gallon
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AC 50
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? daily changes today 100% i acclimated him to ph slowly
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? today 100%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 3 inches without tail
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime, replenish
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? repashy super green, brine shrimp, hikari lionhead, spinach
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Prazi when i got fish in feb and prazied about 1.5 months ago. Added 0.1% salt yesterday
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?Swollen, red pectoral joint
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating,

Bottom sitting a tad

I was looking at marmalade yesterday and saw that he was not using his right pectoral fin, it is red and swollen and a couple of scales right behind that area were raised but today they went away. There is no longer any salt or meds in the tank just clean water. This is the fish with buoyancy issues

umm I think i prazied 2 months ago?? i cant exactly remember. I absolutely hate plants that require gravel and i think i am going to remove all the plants. I just am imagining all the gunk that is in the gravel..... eww

His fin is a ton better! He is using it normally and swimming around normally. I still have to get salt i have sports every day and its hard to get around sometimes! I can just add prazi tomorrow by itself but when i get salt i will add that to marmalades tank ASAP. We leave for christmas break next friday and are gone for 10 days. I just bought the fishmate f14 so hopefully they will be ok ;/

Well today and yesterday marmalade hasnt been doing well. He is clamped and sitting in the corners to rarely get up to swim to another one. He is very bloated but i dont think pineconed yet. His pectoral fin has a tinge of black on it. This fish has had problems since i got him. He is gasping and breathing heavily while bottom sitting. I have to leave next friday but dont know what to do. I would feel horrible for leaving him like this.

627B8907-971C-4401-B234-65D65DEA37C3_zps

0A8CE2F0-950B-4A2C-A18D-680A78A8988F_zps

Is he eating? I think he needs to eat MMs ASAP. He must have developed secondary infections. You can go ahead and add 1/4 level teaspoon Epsom per 10 gallons water as well.

Over the time you can get. You can use the automatic feeder to finish the course of meds. :)

Also just a few more questions:) Can i go 10 days without a waterchange on the qt tank?

Val: In main tank. I just took all my plants out since they always have brown algae on them and i started to remove the gravel. I removed 50% yesterday. These small thin white worms were swimming everywhere.. I took a photo. Val also seems to dart a lot but maybe he does that because i changed his environment so rapidly.

224BCFD1-140E-4905-A2F3-1771C2D51E25_zps

Edited by addymeg1

I did put cycled media in an AC 50 its a 10 gallon tub. He is doing really good no more bottom sitting, swimming around normally. That is what i thought too, that the main tank would be better. I will do a 100% waterchange the night before. Hopefully they will be ok. How many times should i feed them if i have the fishmate?

Yes, have them both back in the main tank. You can add prazi the day you leave, if you like, or you can resume once you are back.

I would feed them no more than once every 3 days.