• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0 ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) <5 ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? 70-72F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons, 5 months ish
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AC 110 & sponge filter
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 80-90% every 5/6 days
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? I am doing a 80-90% WC right now
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 ~5" total length orandas and a BN pleco about 3" total length
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? HL pellets, repashy, peas, bloodworms, brine shrimp, glassworms
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? none
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Currently doing prazi, will remove BN pleco and start adding salt
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • salt and prazi for four weeks earlier this year
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? looks like some sort of wound on the wen, above the eye
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? none, mischievous as usual

uMbPShU.jpg

I noticed it last night when I came home and decided to deal with it this morning but it got worse/bigger.

Is it possible the BN pleco did this? I had to move her from the fry tank to the oranda tank since she was starting to get aggressive/competitive with the fry during feeding time & now Naruto likes to pick at her so....

A moderator will come by soon to give you guidance. I'm just writing to say "What a beautiful fish!! That face is too adorable!" Also, you are a great photographer--the picture is so clear (not like mine which are blurry because my goldies move to fast and I don't have a camera that can handle that speed). Healing energy to Naruto!

I hope she feels better.

Thank you, I know he'll be fine in no time :)

A moderator will come by soon to give you guidance. I'm just writing to say "What a beautiful fish!! That face is too adorable!" Also, you are a great photographer--the picture is so clear (not like mine which are blurry because my goldies move to fast and I don't have a camera that can handle that speed). Healing energy to Naruto!

Thank you :) I completely understand, they're always moving! Even with a nice camera, it's still difficult to catch them in focus haha :P

I have the tank at 0.2% salt right now, I just need to know if it's even remotely possible that this could've been done by the pleco :o If not, then :idont

I don't think that this from a pleco, but there doesn't seem to be any surface punctures/lacerations at the site, and it's not a crater. Do you have Medi-Gold, or Metro-Meds? I think it's better to just treat, because these things can be tough to eradicate sometimes.

I don't think that this from a pleco, but there doesn't seem to be any surface punctures/lacerations at the site, and it's not a crater. Do you have Medi-Gold, or Metro-Meds? I think it's better to just treat, because these things can be tough to eradicate sometimes.

eek. It seemed like a puncture last night but this morning (when I took this picture), not so much. I have metromeds. I'll start him on it if that's my best bet right now. What do you think it is though? Is it some kind of infection? Should I treat Arnie too as a precaution? What causes it? Sorry for all the questions, it's just I haven't had anything go wrong in a while so I want to know what exactly went wrong :o

It sounds like you made a great decision doing the huge W/C while waiting for a mod to come see your post.

I hope it doesn't develop into anything worse and that it heals quickly.

:hug

I would also do a big water change just like you, if I my fish was in that state, I hope your fishy feels better :)

Thank you both for the kind words :) The #1 thing I've taken from this wonderful forum is that clean water is a must for any situation!

Awww poor beautiful fish! I hope the MMs help the wound/infection! Clean water is always a must as well! Good luck :hug

This time of year is the time for wen issues, because I think the cooler temps do signal for certain goldfish processes to slow down while bacterial functions stay the same or better. I don't think you need to treat anyone else, and this is probably better done in QT, both to prevent a possible spread, and also to keep others from trying his wen as a snack.

1% of bodyweight MMs daily, in 3-6 meals, 14 days minimum. Please update daily, so that we know whether MMs are appropriate. :)

Good luck!

Awww poor beautiful fish! I hope the MMs help the wound/infection! Clean water is always a must as well! Good luck :hug

Thank you! I sure hope it cures him too :)

This time of year is the time for wen issues, because I think the cooler temps do signal for certain goldfish processes to slow down while bacterial functions stay the same or better. I don't think you need to treat anyone else, and this is probably better done in QT, both to prevent a possible spread, and also to keep others from trying his wen as a snack.

1% of bodyweight MMs daily, in 3-6 meals, 14 days minimum. Please update daily, so that we know whether MMs are appropriate. :)

Good luck!

Thanks, Alex. I suppose it's time to install that heater again. I'll start feeding the medication and will update soon.

I hope he gets well soon! :):hug

aww poor baby :( I hope he feels better asap!

Thanks guys! He's doing a lot better today, the concerned area looks to have healed significantly. I gave him a good mouthful of meds last night and throughout the day today.

7bzihOv.jpg

That is wonderful news. :)

Both of your fish are gorgeous. I'm glad all is looking good.

Thank you. It's funny because I thought they were kinda odd looking (in a cute way) when they were tiny squirts.

But yeah, I was really worried when I realized the situation called for metromeds. I'm good now, knowing he's well on his way to recovery :)

That is wonderful news. :)

Both of your fish are gorgeous. I'm glad all is looking good.

Thank you. It's funny because I thought they were kinda odd looking (in a cute way) when they were tiny squirts.

But yeah, I was really worried when I realized the situation called for metromeds. I'm good now, knowing he's well on his way to recovery :)

Nooooooo. I've always thought they were gorgeous. I love their coloring on their faces and their wens. And their tails are so beautiful. You really do have two gorgeous Oranda's. They look beautiful together. I'm so happy for you that he's doing better.

Thanks guys! He's doing a lot better today, the concerned area looks to have healed significantly. I gave him a good mouthful of meds last night and throughout the day today.

So good to hear that Naruto is doing better. Such a beautiful goldie!