Sign in to follow this  
Acro

Algaefix for FREE

I have two bottles of API Algaefix that I don't need.
One is a 4 FL OZ size, about 95% full.

The second is 1.25 FL OZ size and it's new in the package.

I am giving the bottles away to 2 people.

First 2 people to request, get the Algaefix, just let me know what bottle you want. I'll pay shipping.

:D

Edited by Acro

To be honest, Algaefix is a very harsh chemical that should never be used in an aquarium. Algae is virtually harmless in most cases, and if it bothers you, your best options are either to wipe it off each water change, or have snails like nerites eat it up. I really don't recommend using it, even as a last resort.

One of our members had a recent hash of fish sickness in his tank after using Algaefix, and the consequences were deadly. :(
http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/114064-algaefix-did-this/?hl=algaefix

Your best bet is to maybe try selling it to a local fish store or pet store. :)

USA only. :P

And there are reasons people may want to use Algaefix. For example, when getting new plants, one can hit them with Algaefix before placing them into their main tank. I did this to some nice new plants I received (that were coated in hair algae). Not all plants can be bleached (I have never actually bleached any plants, never tried PP either). It's easy to Algaefix them and then QT for a bit.

Georgia, I hope you didn't scare off anyone who may have found the free Algaefix useful. I would have preferred you PM me to express your concern. Not all algae can be wiped off and/or eaten by snails either, keep tanks long enough and you'll find that out. ;)

Both bottles still available, no need to post, just send me a PM to get them. :D

Edited by Acro

Bottles have been claimed.

;)

Edited by Acro