Sign in to follow this  
Balaylee

Can I Add Another Fish to My 75?

I have a 75 gallon right now with one common goldfish. Please keep in mind I got this fish from someone who had it in a turtle tank that was meant to get eaten by the turtle. This fish unfortunately got stunted at around 6 inches (from being in the turtle tank so long) and hasn't grown much in the 2 and a half years I have had it. I've never had any issues with the fish besides some fin rot when I first got him. I would like to know if its possible to add another fish to this tank? I probably wouldn't add another common so any suggestions would be great. I would defiantly add another filter to it since I only have one with around 450 gallons per hr. I know thats low but I haven't been able to afford one so I must just go with doing frequent water changes. I'm not looking to add another fish right away, but I would just like to know if it's a future option. I really want what's best for my fish.

with a 75 you could definitely add another fish and still keep your current filtration- 6x filtration isn't that low at all. The more is better, so if you do plan to stock more fish it'll also be good to consider increasing your filtration closer to 10x.

For goldfish, 20 gallons per fish is a really good stocking level :)

2-3 is more than reasonable stocking.

Some people will have 4-5, but this is more work.

I have five. They are small so not an issue yet. However I see a lot of extra work in the future. Three should of been my limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that in a 75 gallon w 10x filtration you could keep up to 4 fish as long as you are willing to do a weekly water change of about 80%. 2 fish would be a piece of cake.

Sounds great! Im hoping to get a python for christmas to make large water changes much easier. Hopefully I'll get some off Rain Garden in the spring