Loud Noises Bothering Jack and Carmen

LisaCGold

Jack and Carmen, my orandas, are going through several rounds of prazi (see my other thread for more info on that). In the meantime, a new roof is being installed. Today is day 1 of roofing. So it is BOOM, BOOM, BANG during the day time. This will continue until Thursday. The loud noises seem to bother Carmen the most. She hides in the Marimo moss at the height of the noise and when she comes out she acts real skittish (by swimming quickly). Jack periodically comforts her, but it seems the noises bother him the least. I've turned off the lights to help reduce Carmen's stress. Anything else I can do? (Third round of prazi begins on Wednesday, water changes every other day right now so water conditions are pretty optimal.) Have you had similar experiences?

Edited by LisaCGold

Can you put them in a temporary tank for the day, depending on what part of the house's roof they are working on? In my house the garage/kitchen and bedrooms are opposite ends, so if they were on the garage end I'd move them to the bedroom for the day. Nothing fancy, a couple of 10 gallon tanks and an air stone. :idont

Or how about a basement? :idont

I feel your pain! I recently had my roof redone as well, and it sounded like there was an EARTHQUAKE in my house! :scared Some parts of the chandelier fell off!

My fish seemed unfazed, surprisingly. I think moving them in a tub to a different location would be your best bet, if that cannot be done, I'd say just to throw a blanket over the tank to calm them down a bit.