All outta eggs and the chase continues

Abyss

My two moors have already spawned without me planning for it finally have the fry in their own grow out tank, they are a few weeks old now but this morning noticed my male I'd still chasing her incessantly. I don't think she has anymore eggs, she is still round though but might be just get chubbiness.

I do think my oranda with them is also a female but not sure she I'd old enough to spawn of put out the hormone that makes the make chase her, unless she's doing that snd the male is chasing the wrong female? Can that happen? My oranda is much McAllen than my other female and still doesn't have any wen,

I'm wondering what I should do as far as my moor female is concerned should i leave him chase her? He's got her wedged into the middle of the base of my amazon sword and seems like she's getting tired. I don't have any other tank to put any fish in atm.

Any advice?

Ya noticed she just put out a million more, I saved like 10 more or so but I already have 6 hatched fry, I'm going to just leave the other million in the tank sadly, don't have the space for anymore.

Does anyone know how many weeks the 'time frame' is that they drop eggs? It's been going on now for about 3 weeks-month.

You should probably clean those extra eggs out of your tank as they can foul your water pretty quickly. If your female moor is getting really tired you can put her in a plastic colander and float it in your tank (or the offending male)

Gran's right. I usually only leave eggs in for less than 24 hours, then do a WC and scrub the rest off. Eggs are full of protein so even though they're good to eat they also decompose into some particularly foul stuff.