What is in my tank? Also featuring eye bulge and freakish mouth

tankxie

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 0ppm (Made a fatal flaw and rinsed my filter...)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.4-8.8
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)8.4-8.8
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? APT drops
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 25g, been running a little over a month, fish has been in for 2 weeks
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqueon 20. Was waiting for the big filter sale at my LFS tomorrow to get another filter.
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? twice a week, about 70-85%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, very small!
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime and flourish
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? gel food, omega sinking pellets, frozen blood worms
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no, but a new Netrite snail
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Prazipro and salt
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Has had Prazi for two weeks, salt for the first week, ran out of salt for the second week, and just re-added .1% salt
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? He has a strange bulge on the side of his left eye. Not sure if it has always been there. Yesterday I also noticed some white stringy poop. His poop has always been kind of small and light brown. I noticed more small brown ones after seeing the white poop.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He occasionally bottom sits but has been doing it less and less

I recently added a snail to my tank, I did a (not long enough 24hr) QT of the snail and now there is THIS weird stuff in my tank!

20131128_195637.jpg

I scraped it off and it was kind of hard. I was thinking maybe lice or something? But I can't see anything on my fish.. And they don't look like snail eggs... Any ideas?

A slightly different issue, here's a video of my fish that's in that tank. I think he has a small bulge on his left eye? I'm not sure if it has always been there or not or if you can even see it in the video... (He also has the weirdest mouth ever) Any one know what that could be? Weird defect? Deadly disease? Bacterial infection?

I'm somewhat of a hypochondriac when it comes to my fish so please tell me if I'm just being crazy!

Thanks guys!

The white things are snail eggs. They will not harm anything.

I'm not sure what you are looking at on the eye . . . :idont

Some people have had bad luck with nerites and Prazi (death). If the snail has been in there a while with the Prazi you may be OK but just an FYI.

The white things are snail eggs. They will not harm anything.

I'm not sure what you are looking at on the eye . . . :idont

Some people have had bad luck with nerites and Prazi (death). If the snail has been in there a while with the Prazi you may be OK but just an FYI.

Whoa really? I thought they went up to the top to lay their eggs so I was confused as what it could be.

Sorry, the eye bulge is kinda hard to see. It's the black patch on the bottom right of his left eye. It just kinda sticks out a little bit.

My last snail died due to salting so I removed the snail when I re-added the salt. I didn't know that Prazi could hurt them too though! Thanks!

Feeling much relieved if they're just eggs. I was so freaked out.

From what I can see in the video, the black doesn't look like anything to be concerned about. Either try and get some pics of it or just watch it over the next few days and let us know if you see any changes. :)

Thanks so much!! I'll keep an eye (haha) on the bulge. He seems like he may have some other odd things about him, such as his mouth which is all puckered and weird, so the bulge might just be part of him I didn't notice before.

Thanks again!

Mystery/apple snails etc. lay eggs at the top. Nerites are not so kind. They will lay eggs at every and any surface they like. :rofl

Aha! I was so sure that they laid their eggs at the top, did not know there was a difference in where the eggs were laid! All fears dispelled. Thanks guys!