Sign in to follow this  
tankxie

New 55g!

I just can't stop! But when I saw the tank, stand, lights, and a filter for $80... Well I couldn't resist!

My dog isn't quite sure how to feel about it.

I bid on the sweetest little ranchu from DO last week but lost :( Now I'll have to figure out what to get for it! I'm thinking I'll try sand, which I've never done before. I love that black moon sand. Anyone have any advice about it? Don't know much about how sand does with filters. Is it better to have a canister filter or does it matter?

Anyways! Just wanted to show off the tank since I'm so excited about it!

Thanks for looking :)

20131126_204614.jpg

Congrats on the 55! :nana I love mine, as well :)

Is this an upgrade from a smaller tank? If not, you will have to cycle it :idont

Congrats on the 55! :nana I love mine, as well :)

Is this an upgrade from a smaller tank? If not, you will have to cycle it :idont

Thanks!

It's just an addition. I'm about to start cycling, I just like to think ahead about what to put in there. :D

Congrats!!!! :nana

The table its one makes it look even better :)

Very nice! :Congrats:

what a deal :) congrats!!!

that looks very nice and simple! Definitely a nice addition :)

Looking forward to seeing it with fish in it :D

Here's a very useful piece of advice, so listen (read?) closely:

Give me your staaaannnnddd!!!!

:rofl

Congrats!! It's gorgeous. Hope setup is easy enough, cycling goes super fast (if you don't have media you can move over to it) and your dream fish finds you! :D

Congratulations! :)

How sturdy do you think the stand is? With all that glass and iron, it looks more like a hall table than something intended for aquarium usage. I would want to ensure it is sufficiently strong before putting a 250+ kg aquarium on it.

Great find :nana

:) Sand is great! Just make sure your intake tubes aren't too close to it... Maybe halfway up the tank. Also, turn off the filter (no matter what kind you have) when doing WC's. Then you are less likely to mess up your impeller :o I think you can do HOB or canister with sand. Personal preference, but keep in mind the impeller goes more frequently with sand in the aquarium :idont

Good luck with a fast cyle! :D Looking forward to see what Goldie's you pick! :goldfish:

The dog looks THRILLED about it!! :teehee

omg that standddddd!! congrats!! :)

Congratulations!!!!

I have that same chair and table set in the dining room but it's round. :o

Congrats on the new tank! Your dog in that sweater awwwww.... :heart :heart

Looks great so far! Envy your stand!

Good luck with everything! :redbanana:

I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!! :nana

Thanks everyone!! I'm really excited about it! And it's in my bedroom so I'll get to look at the fishies in bed!

Congratulations! :)

How sturdy do you think the stand is? With all that glass and iron, it looks more like a hall table than something intended for aquarium usage. I would want to ensure it is sufficiently strong before putting a 250+ kg aquarium on it.

The stand is definitely sturdy. The iron and glass are very thick. The person I got it from also has the tank set up on it for at least a year. I've seen ones like it sold in LFSs as aquarium sands. The twirly bits do make it look a bit more like something decorative, I agree. But it's sturdy! :)

The dog looks THRILLED about it!! :teehee

Doesn't she?? Haha. She always seems to KNOW when I'm doing something related to the fish. She gets kinda nervous and paces around trying to get attention.

Great find :nana

:) Sand is great! Just make sure your intake tubes aren't too close to it... Maybe halfway up the tank. Also, turn off the filter (no matter what kind you have) when doing WC's. Then you are less likely to mess up your impeller :o I think you can do HOB or canister with sand. Personal preference, but keep in mind the impeller goes more frequently with sand in the aquarium :idont

Good luck with a fast cyle! :D Looking forward to see what Goldie's you pick! :goldfish:

Great! Thanks so much for the sand info!! :D

Oh wow, lucky you! That was a really good deal!!! :D

What a great deal! I love the stand and I think the 55 is a perfect size...not too big and not too small.

congrats!!

Great deal and love the stand. Can't wait to see what you do with it.