Sign in to follow this  
sarajo

quick question about prazi

hey everyone, long time no see! i've been incredibly busy, hope everyone and their fish are doing well :heart

I have a couple questions for you guys. first things first, Monroe has dropsied again for the 2nd time :( Luckily I think I caught it early because we're on day 2 of MMs and Epsom his & scales are now flat :) I was going to do a preventative prazi round while he's in a qt tank and on MMs since I won't be using salt. Is prazi okay to use with epsom in the tank?

secondly, the MMs are making him floaty and I was wondering if it's okay to feed veggies between MMs to help with constipation. I've asked this question before but I completely forget the answer :idont:

Thanks!!

Edited by sarajo

:hi Sorry to hear about Monroe. :hug

Prazi is OK with Epsom and no veggies with the MMs. How many pellets are you feeding and how many meals are you feeding? Perhaps smaller more frequent meals would help him.

Hi Sara Jo. I'm sorry Monroe isn't doing very well. I hope he gets to feeling and looking better soon.

:hi Sorry to hear about Monroe. :hug

Prazi is OK with Epsom and no veggies with the MMs. How many pellets are you feeding and how many meals are you feeding? Perhaps smaller more frequent meals would help him.

I'm feeding him 20 pellets a day split up into 4 feedings of 5 pellets. I'm soaking the pellets for about 15 seconds prior to feeding too. It breaks my heart to see him so floaty! :(

Thanks 4prettyfish :heart me too!!

Best wishes for Monroe. Is he stuck at the top floaty or just not a happy fish floaty?

Hi Sara Jo,

It's as Lisa said, but if you feel that some veggies are absolutely necessary to prevent the floatiness, you could try it. Make sure that the MMs are all eaten daily though.

Good luck, and I am glad you caught it early!

Best wishes for Monroe. Is he stuck at the top floaty or just not a happy fish floaty?

He has his moments where he's upside down, but is usually able to right himself. Mainly just floats around the tank looking so sad.

It's nice to see you, Sarajo! :hi I hope Monroe feels better soon! :D

Thanks Stratton! :D nice to see you too!

Hi Sara Jo,

It's as Lisa said, but if you feel that some veggies are absolutely necessary to prevent the floatiness, you could try it. Make sure that the MMs are all eaten daily though.

Good luck, and I am glad you caught it early!

Thanks Alex! I'll try to avoid the veggies until necessary. Thankfully he's got a good appetite :)