One bitty fry

Abyss

I haven't completely decided some ppl in here thinks its ok and some don't. I can't decide. The pic doesn't do it justice it takes up our whole wall Rolf. I'm sorry to hear that hun, I wish u luck if u do try again in the future. It is alot of work when u have to give most of them away or sell them in the end. I can't wait till my smaller tanks are gone actually I'm sick if all the upkeep.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ii got the tank:) It will be replacing two tanks! I hear you on the maintenance, for sure:) I didn't see the pic, I'll have to check it out.

Nice tank! Congrats!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, where did hubs find the tank? I know you've been looking forever. What a sweet guy:) How did he give it to you?

What kind of filtration are you using for it? I'm trying to decide on mine. I'd love a canister, of course, but I may be stuck using a bunch of HOBs for a while...Petsmart has a crazy sale right now. I can get a Filstar (175 gallon) delivered for $118! The US site has it for $108 plus a free master test kit. They always get the better deals...lol.

Mat found it in kijiji I was looking for months, and stupid me I was looking in my area, he was checking out adds in the Halifax/Truro area and low and behold he showed me the ad I freaked!!! Lol with enough begging he called the guy and told him he was interested and my hubby's parents were do nice I watched the kids for an afternoon and they drove him with a moving van 1h1/2 there and back! He said he was going to keep it in there basement until my birthday (August) >< but he caved lol he definitely got rewarded for it hint hint haha!!!

So it worked out for everyone lols. I'm using an AC110 and a Fluval 405, so10x for my tank I'd 1300, but since I have a canister I can go lower, it takes me to almost 7x filtration, that's going to have to be it, I'm not buying snymore fish gear for at least a few months.... I'm hoping that's possible but very unsure, I'm very impulsive lols.

Hobs are fine... At least thry are easy to clean and maintain, and you don't have to bleach your tub everytime you clean it!

$118 wow that's an smacking deal, I'm jelly. I should have jumped on it the day after Boxing Day here.... Apparently they were selling the fx5 for $180 >< doh!

I've never tried filstar canister does it have good reviews?? Do you know anyone who had one?

Mat found it in kijiji I was looking for months, and stupid me I was looking in my area, he was checking out adds in the Halifax/Truro area and low and behold he showed me the ad I freaked!!! Lol with enough begging he called the guy and told him he was interested and my hubby's parents were do nice I watched the kids for an afternoon and they drove him with a moving van 1h1/2 there and back! He said he was going to keep it in there basement until my birthday (August) >< but he caved lol he definitely got rewarded for it hint hint haha!!!

So it worked out for everyone lols. I'm using an AC110 and a Fluval 405, so10x for my tank I'd 1300, but since I have a canister I can go lower, it takes me to almost 7x filtration, that's going to have to be it, I'm not buying snymore fish gear for at least a few months.... I'm hoping that's possible but very unsure, I'm very impulsive lols.

Hobs are fine... At least thry are easy to clean and maintain, and you don't have to bleach your tub everytime you clean it!

$118 wow that's an smacking deal, I'm jelly. I should have jumped on it the day after Boxing Day here.... Apparently they were selling the fx5 for $180 >< doh!

I've never tried filstar canister does it have good reviews?? Do you know anyone who had one?

I have one and LOVE IT! Lots of media room, simple self-priming, no noise and my tank is clear baby! I highly recommend:) The sale is still on for us Canucks.