What is everyone's water bill like?

ashlee18

Hey guys. So I just moved and no longer have the parental units paying for my water. Booooo. I know...I am so spoiled.

Well...I have one 180 gallon, one 60, two 55s and a 29 setup. So I am slighly freaking out about the water bill.

What or around how much do you all pay? Luckily, there are only two humans living here so that is a few less showers :rofl

I am not entirely sure about the water bill. We have 4 people in the house, and I have a 55 gallon fish tank. I believe it's in the 2-300 dollar range.

Water, electricity, some tv-channels, internet connection and laundry detergent (seeing as the machines dose this automaticly) is included in my rent. :)

Internet? Ooooh, you're lucky!

I have my utilities included too so I can't really comment. I don't think your tanks should raise the water bill too much though. Doesn't an average shower use at least 40 gallons of water?

I have my utilities included too so I can't really comment. I don't think your tanks should raise the water bill too much though. Doesn't an average shower use at least 40 gallons of water?

Indeed. it's a fairly good connection so I'm really happy about it. So is the boyfriend (who is the picky one) :)

I think ours runs 30-40 bucks per month. I would guess MAYBE $10....but probably less is my fish tanks (90 & 29 gals)

Mikey if yours is actually 2 to 3 hundred dollars a month you need to look for a HUGE leak or maybe a POND in your yard!!! :teehee

Indeed. it's a fairly good connection so I'm really happy about it. So is the boyfriend (who is the picky one) :)

Haha, that's awesome. I really can't complain since our rent is cheap and includes our utilities but I'd also be perfectly happy to not have to pay that $45 monthly internet bill, lol.

I'm in the UK so I am aware this is not applicable to you but I thought I'd share.

We have had the water board on to us because they thought we had some kind of leak. Well they investigated the property and area but didn't find anything wrong.

Over the last three years our bill has gone up and up and up. We assumed we were just using more water, in that time I moved in (yes, my fish moved in with Steve before I did :lol)

Last weekend we received a letter from the water company saying that they have been over charging us and are sending us £400!!!!!!!!! ($550 aapproximately) !!!

Woohoo! Right before Christmas too. :)

Four people in my house, and a 50 gallon tank. I think our bill is $100-$110. The water bills usually report the average gallons/day and any trends, so that might be helpful to correlate with new tanks or changes in your WC schedules.

• Admin

Make sure your toilet isnt running alot... We had that happen to us about 6 months ago... :thud: our bill started going up, plus we found out the water main in the street had a leak too.

Two homes on the same water bill here. That is four people and it runs about 33 a month and that is with weekly water changes on all my tanks.

Oh ya that also includes once a week garbage pick up by the road.

Edited by Hidr

Ours is not that bad, Lori. I have the 100, 55, 20, and 10 running right now, with WCs every 4-5 days (or more), and our bill runs between 60-110 monthly. The low end is when they just guesstimate, and the higher number is to make up for the months they guesstimate. So, I would say somewhere around $90/month. Looking at the breakdown of the bill, the actual water charge isn't that bad. On average, it's $1 for every 300 gallons of water used. :)

The bill is a lot higher because it also contains other charges, like sewer fees, and sanitation service fees, which constitute more than half the bill often.

I'm in the UK so I am aware this is not applicable to you but I thought I'd share.

We have had the water board on to us because they thought we had some kind of leak. Well they investigated the property and area but didn't find anything wrong.

Over the last three years our bill has gone up and up and up. We assumed we were just using more water, in that time I moved in (yes, my fish moved in with Steve before I did :lol)

Last weekend we received a letter from the water company saying that they have been over charging us and are sending us £400!!!!!!!!! ($550 aapproximately) !!!

Woohoo! Right before Christmas too. :)

Result!:)

To make sure leaks are not causing larger than necessary water bills......go around your house & make sure ALL water faucets are off (even outside) no washer going..no toilet flushes....nothing. Then go out to your water meter & note the numbers that are showing. Then in 15 to 30 minutes go check again. It should not change.

I got a 50 gallon tank.... and a baby and my bill is about 80 a month hun :)

I'll raise you a second baby, and many "accidents" from the eldest (still learning to go without a diaper :yikes )

Luckily water is one of the things included in my rent... actually the only thing at this point! When we moved in everything was included, over the years our landlord has made us pick up the electric, heat, and garbage removal bills :( and jacked up the rent on top of it! we have been in the same place for like 8 yrs though. I keep wondering when he is going to start charging us for water especially when he sees my tanks.