The Tropical Tank Thread

Hi there!

I thought I would start a thread with all the happenings in my tropical tank vs having a billion threads everywhere!

First off, a few videos of my black molly fry Goliath!

First, him 1day old!

Him at 10 days and 2 weeks.

Will take a new video this sunday as he will be 3 weeks old and is growing like a weed!

:teehee

Added in my new plants lol. Never did any planting before so we will see how it goes. Am quite interested to see if Beep decides to munch on any of them!

IMG_1032_zps8304eec1.jpg

IMG_1029_zps35f5c5af.jpg

That java fern is to die for :thud

Beautiful tank :thumb:

Fishies are adorable :heart

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Fede I LOVE your tank. I need to start taking pictures of my tropical tanks and showing everyone. I've only ever taken pictures of my little nano planted tank. I love all the live bearers. And Goliath is quite an anomaly, he's adorable :D :D

Thanks everyone! This tank is quite entertaining! Now we will see if I have a green thumb and if the plants grow ahah..

I have 6 sterbai cories and and 6 albinos. It's quite interesting to see how different the characters of the two types are! The albinos are much funnier and hyper! The sterbais are faster growing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

So one of my plants (APONOGETON ULVACEUS) that arrived just as one leaf is growing HUGE!!! I will take pics today or tomorrow. I might have to move it. Can one do this with aquarium plants? Or do they get rooted in one spot and cannot be moved? It is super beautiful! The leaves are like glass :clapping: Gordon is doing a good job keeping the brown algae off them.

My red nymph isn't working out too well. It seems too delicate for the chaos of my bottom dwellers. They keep ripping up it's delicate stems. Another which isn't working too well are the Vallisneria. I think they need more light. They seem to be getting more and more transparent and delicate.

I calculated the light and I now have 1watt per gallon. This is too little right? Any suggestions on what I could add? I cannot easily change the present bulbs because they are the tank brand and they are rather impossible to find unless I order them. I just wanted to add a bar of some kind with some extra lights.

Also, regarding plant food I had the nutrient substrate under my gravel and haven't been putting anything in the water. Should I be doing that? I also am not adding Co2.

The fish are all doing well. One of my albino cory cats is now the size of the mollies! The others are still tiny hehe. The sterbai are growing nicely and uniformly. I haven't been able to locate 2 of my loaches. I did check the filters in a panic moment. Not there :tantrum I think they must be buried somewhere.

So far Gordon hasn't done some huge growing. yet...

Got the pics! And a lovely portrait of Gordon!

Full tank shot. The monster plant is the large leafed on all on the right.

IMG_1292_zps564b7268.jpg

Beautiful Gordon guarding his cave.

IMG_1313_zps162a01f3.jpg

IMG_1297_zps96e99672.jpg

IMG_1296_zpsb96c2315.jpg

IMG_1293_zpsb1ca0cd9.jpg

:mytank1:

• 1 month later...