Sign in to follow this  
Justin

NLS or Omega One?

Jared, you win with the precious pellet! :tomuch:

BTW...I will be visiting Middle Earth at the theater this Sunday. Thank goodness my sister is as much of a geek as I am :peeka

Alex......

What if I ground some HL and put it into super green? is that worth it you think? I'm happy enough with NLS but I miss feeding HL, silly as that sounds.

(Kite got floaty on it)

BTW...I will be visiting Middle Earth at the theater this Sunday. Thank goodness my sister is as much of a geek as I am :peeka

Well, darn you! :rofl

I can't go watch movies with my sister, at least a while. If she goes, someone has to babysit Nattie. :yikes:rofl

I hear part 2 is quite good, even if he took a lot of artistic licences.

Alex......

What if I ground some HL and put it into super green? is that worth it you think? I'm happy enough with NLS but I miss feeding HL, silly as that sounds.

(Kite got floaty on it)

Jenna, I've tried doing this idea, but with Pro-Gold, back when I had floaty fish. I gave up after a while, because yes, you can ground some and add to the gels, BUT, if you add too much pellets to the batch, the fish float like crazy. :no:

Alex......

(Kite got floaty on it)

?

Jenna, I've tried doing this idea, but with Pro-Gold, back when I had floaty fish. I gave up after a while, because yes, you can ground some and add to the gels, BUT, if you add too much pellets to the batch, the fish float like crazy. :no:

Wah. So no. I guess maybe a tiny tiny bit, like one pellet per serving, which is about the same as nothing at all. :rofl

I'll try to handfeed it to Blimp at times.

Handfeeding is your best bet, yes lol

I love the NLS for the ingredients but man does it ever make their poop dense, sometimes its even hard to syphon out! Lol

Ill also try a smaller pellet for NLS next time I run out but all my LFS had at the time was the 3mm

Edited by Abyss

I know a lot of Kokonuts feed various pellets and find their fish do very well on them. But I'm a Repashy convert! There are so many benefits to gel food, and Repashy is a really well designed food!

My fish are on the 'Helen diet' - A mix of Repashy Super Green, Soilent Green and Meat Pie, with a probiotic and garlic added- and they are more healthy and vibrant than they have ever been.

*To clarify, it's the diet Helen feeds her fish, not the diet that Helen eats :rofl

I know a lot of Kokonuts feed various pellets and find their fish do very well on them. But I'm a Repashy convert! There are so many benefits to gel food, and Repashy is a really well designed food!

My fish are on the 'Helen diet' - A mix of Repashy Super Green, Soilent Green and Meat Pie, with a probiotic and garlic added- and they are more healthy and vibrant than they have ever been.

*To clarify, it's the diet Helen feeds her fish, not the diet that Helen eats :rofl

Yes :rofl

We at Koko's had a lot to with promoting Repashy for goldfish, when this food came out a couple of years ago. :)

Gel food IS better than pellet, and Repashy is premium gel.

The drawback I have found is that because they eat more, they poop much more, and you have to maintain your filters better.

We at Koko's had a lot to with promoting Repashy for goldfish, when this food came out a couple of years ago. :)

The drawback I have found is that because they eat more, they poop much more, and you have to maintain your filters better.

Yes the little water piggies!

I second the filter thing. Since switching all gel I've found my filter was crazy dirty lol but its worth it for my floaty fish :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I use pro gold, Repashy and omega one when I can't get pro gold or i am waiting on it. I use Repashy more as a treat then main meal.

Edited by Hidr

?

?

*To clarify, it's the diet Helen feeds her fish,?not the diet that Helen eats :rofl??

I'm a Repashy convert as well. I just got my Soilent Green yesterday & have the Super Green. Awesome product! I still feed Pro Gold too. Luckily the piggies took to the gel right away & inhale it.

Liz Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX

I WAS a NLS user. But just recently I had an issue so I contacted NLS they put me onto the distributer for my area and well all I can say is my supply of NLS will be given to my nieces to feed the carp down the river.

I wasnt happy with the customer service and treatment etc.

So im now switching brands and not bothering with NLS again.

I find that my favorite is NLS. I have tried OmegaOne but my fish got floaty.

I have found that variety really works for my fish. I feed various small sinking pellets (NLS, Omega One, Pro Gold and Hikari Lionhead), raw lettuce, Repashy and frozen bloodworms. This combination has eliminated constipation as well as the need to fast or feed peas to my fish.

Edited by jmetzger72

I've never tried Omega One, my fish get NLS, Hikari Lionhead, Frozen Blood Worm, and Frozen Brine Shrimp. I also heard good things about Saki Hikari Purple, will add that to the mix too.

I've never tried Omega One, my fish get NLS, Hikari Lionhead, Frozen Blood Worm, and Frozen Brine Shrimp. I also heard good things about Saki Hikari Purple, will add that to the mix too.

Just remember that with the right substrate (or lack of a substrate), there is virtually no pellet too small for a goldfish. Very large ones should still be able to gobble up 1mm pellets.

However, large pellets can be problematic. So, in your quest to test things out, avoid pellets larger than 1.5mm, or 2mm at most.

That is not to say larger pellets won't work; I just don't see the point. Big pellets means that an entire meal can be had in several bites, while smaller pellets means that they have to do a bit of foraging. :)

Just remember that with the right substrate (or lack of a substrate), there is virtually no pellet too small for a goldfish. Very large ones should still be able to gobble up 1mm pellets.

However, large pellets can be problematic. So, in your quest to test things out, avoid pellets larger than 1.5mm, or 2mm at most.

That is not to say larger pellets won't work; I just don't see the point. Big pellets means that an entire meal can be had in several bites, while smaller pellets means that they have to do a bit of foraging. :)

I didn't realize this thread was still active! Me switching to 1mm helped so much! They're big enough that they can see them, but no so big that they get stuck in their throat or mouth! I love it. Right now, I'm feeding Omega One, frozen brine shrimp, and peas on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk