Sign in to follow this  
alvintran1998

Quick question: what is the lowest price you saw for a PetSmart 75?

I'm looking to upgrade my aquarium to a 75 gallon aquarium, and I think PetSmart has what I'm looking for at a low price. The price they're having it right now is $199, but I'm not sure if that's the best deal, so what's the lowest price you saw those tanks go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by alvintran1998

Good luck! :)

That's pretty cheap and I was going to get that exact tank of my parents said yes, but I found out for just the tank, my LFS has it for $216.00. They give me free stuff, but definitely not 216 dollars worth. I'm sure they would give my mom a big discount, so in the long run it would be cheaper. :) plus I would rather support them then a chain store.

I always check Craigslist first :) Especially with a budget like $200. You could get everything gently used and get a tank, lights, nice stand, filters, all kinds of stuff for that price.

Personally, I got my 75 gallon tank, light, glass lids, canister filter, wood stand and a whole bunch of awesome plants for $175.

Edited by kaylaj2355

I don't know about Petsmart but doesn't Petco's dollar per gallon sale go up to 75 gallons? I'm not sure if it includes them or not and of course that doesn't help you if you're no where near a Petco but it's something to think about.

I don't know about Petsmart but doesn't Petco's dollar per gallon sale go up to 75 gallons? I'm not sure if it includes them or not and of course that doesn't help you if you're no where near a Petco but it's something to think about.

Petco sale only goes up to 55. If they includes 75, I would be all over that.

Here where I am the 75 is $199 as well. I think this is a pretty good deal. If it doesn't go down during the holidays and you can't find a comparable tank on Craigslist I would just cough up the $200.

I paid 200 for my petsmart 75. I'd honestly be hard pressed to find a better deal on craigslist here, so I thought it was an acceptable price for a brand new tank.

I paid 200 for my petsmart 75. I'd honestly be hard pressed to find a better deal on craigslist here, so I thought it was an acceptable price for a brand new tank.

Yup that's what I'm thinking too. So called 'deals' on used tanks around here are not really deals at all. Guess that's probably what I'll do.

You won't regret your investment!

Yup that's what I'm thinking too. So called 'deals' on used tanks around here are not really deals at all. Guess that's probably what I'll do.

None of them? That's surprising!!! I wonder why that is. Of course some "deals" here are not good deals, either, but many of them are worth looking into. My "deal" turned out quite well for me, along with the other two "deals" I've gotten off Craigslist :D What I guess I mean is, don't swear off of buying used equipment forever and don't always assume used equipment is crap. You never know what might turn up!