• * Ammonia Level(Tap)0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.4
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.0
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
      • * Water temperature? 64F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?10G QT, August '13
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AC 10
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly, 50%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?Today, 100%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2, 2inch total
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, Baking Soda
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? nope
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Salt, at .05% (Pic ripped his tail last week, was at .1%)
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Prazi, 6 rounds
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? No
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?
  • Neither has eaten for a few days (Pic ate a few pellets today,thankfully), but Glitch had been taking the pellet, trying to chew it, and spitting it out.
  • This morning, I found Glitchy on her side, hardly breathing. I grabbed the net, hoisted her up closer to the airstone, and kinda bounced her a little, which caused her to start breathing more. I had to get to class, so once she was breathing more I had to let her be. She's been bottom sitting off and on for the past couple weeks, but this morning she had been starting to lean and fall over. When I got home this afternoon, she was full on on her side, sometimes thrashing a bit and ending up upside-down.
  • ​She's been doing a little better after the water change,breathing more than this morning, trying to swim around and right herself, but still not great.

Pic did the same thing last week after I changed the water, but he was fine or just about fine by that night.I think Pic is a bit sensitive to water quality. (I admit, I missed 3 water changes because of how incredibly stressed and loaded with schoolwork I was.I was keeping track of the parameters to make sure they didn't get too bad,along with cutting back on feeding.). Pic is just fine now, but Glitch not bouncing back as fast as Pic did is worrying me quite a bit, as she's usually the strong,hardy one.

• Supporter

hun, are there any marks on her body at all? are you remembering to Prime with every water change? are you adding enough prime for your water volume?

is it possible to get a short video of Glitch?

when you add the baking soda, do you do that whilst the water is being added? after or before?

can you try to feed peas with some garlic mashed into it and see if that helps? and when was it that you treated last with Prazi, I see you went 6 rounds?

No marks that I can see. Some scales missing that I don't remember being missing before, and her body is more pink than usual. Prime with every water change, goes in before and after the new water, I'm probably adding about 1.5-2x what's needed.

I just tried taking a video with my phone, I got a few but the quality isn't the greatest on them. I'll get them posted as soon as I can figure out how to get them off my phone.I'll get better videos once my camera battery decides to finnish charging.

I have some frozen peas I can thaw out, not sure on the garlic. Would McCormic's Garlic powered work? When I was taking the video I saw a decent looking poo in the tank, which I'm assuming is Pic's.

The last round of Prazi ended on Oct 19th.They hadn't been Prazi'd previously to that. EDIT - I mean previous to the 6 rounds they went through.

Edited by SynthHermit

The videos are uploading now, so they should be done soon. I would have had them up sooner, but I had to finish a paper.

When I checked on them before I went to bed last night, I noticed Glitch had a decent looking poo going on, so she must have eaten something last night. This morning and afternoon her poo was white and stringy. It looked like she was doing a little better this morning,spending more time upside-down that on her side (I figure that's better in my book, since breathing is probably easier when one of her gills isn't up against the tank bottom), but now she's taken to clamping her fins and a slight C-shape. Pic's clearly worried, though he's eating again, and I keep seeing him over near Glitch,kinda nudging and running into her,trying to get her upright again. Sometimes he does get going quite fast which worries me a bit, since he did have a darting problem before. It doesn't seem like that kind of rapid movements,but nonetheless bothers me.