Re-aquascaped my Comet Tank

Goldsguy

Beautiful! Love your natural look. Glad you were able to get that water lettuce. :D

You look like you've had your comets for a looong time. Got any cool stories? (:

Thanks

Yeah it looked on CL and found a guy selling some. The fish have eaten almost all the roots but hoping they fill back in.

Well this month actually makes two years since I got them from a local fair. Had no clue about fish keeping.

The cool story is went to fair with friends with no intention of coming home with fish. My group was sitting down snacking on grilled corn when a group of teenagers held up a bag and asked us if we wanted a fish. I shook my head no but someone in my group said yes. We them headed to play games and ended up at goldfish game. Me and one other got a ball into the bowl. I saw the one I would want (the bigger one). The attendant handed us two fish including the one I wanted, but someone in group spied a white one and claimed that one which the attendant handed over without taking one of the others back.

Long story short- bags passed to me, fish spent two days in punch bowl until I could get to pet store. I wasn't expecting them all to live so got a ten gallon kit. All four are still with me :)

At the fair:

Posted Image

First tank (ten gallon)

Posted Image

Now I have fry ;)

I try to tell them they can't do that. They are sisters and brothers. But don't think they listen lol

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

I absolutely LOVE the new look. It does look like a natural habitat! :thumbs:

Thanks Alex. So which type of look your prefer?

Side item: I do have about 7 or so fry almost a week old. When to dose Prazipro and just once?

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Hello,

I like the more natural looking habitats, although themed tanks are great fun, as well. :)

I would Prazi the fry starting at 2 weeks. Do 2-3 doses.

Thanks!!

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absolutely stunning! :heart I could only dream of keeping a tank that is so beautiful.

Thanks so much and wow what a compliment (heart)

But I'm sure you have an awesome tank ;)

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets

Hey! Someone took my advice on the planters!

I too just redid my tank too with them!

Yours looked amazing!

I want a tank that big!

I couldn't remember who, but I did order them based on you mentioning them. They work perfectly being under the sand and hidden. I think the small ones may be a bit too small though

Thanks!!!

Goldsguy

120-gallon

Four Comets