Update on Smail the Ramshorn snail.

Fluffy

:hi

On Oct 30, I posted requesting ID on a snail that hitched in on some Java moss.

He was unanimously ID'd as a Ramshorn and there was concern about the condition of his shell. There was a hope that my water contained more calcium than his previous tank.

These are not great photos but I hope you can see how much he has grown and improved in just two weeks! :D

Before

null_zpsdaf79e94.jpg

Now

null_zpse8e9c3ba.jpg

Thanks for looking!

He is looking great!!!

Do you know if they multiply?

You know Mikey I don't know for sure.

I thought I read somewhere you need two but if one was mated in its previous tank then moved to your tank you could then find yourself up to your celestials in shmails!

I don't know if that is true but I did find a pokadot gooey spot on the glass of my tank 4 or 5 days after Shmail moved in. ?

I have seen many for sale on eBay as FEEDERS for puffers so they must be prolific. :D

WOW! Good job. What a lucky snail. I had a pond snail in a "betta bowl" with my grow-out plants. A younger family member dumped all those contents into my big tank of single tails and Lizzy got eaten. lol

That will happen. Lol!

Someone on the forum said plants and snails go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I say fish and snails go together like "steak & lobster". :rofl

WOW! Good job. What a lucky snail. I had a pond snail in a "betta bowl" with my grow-out plants. A younger family member dumped all those contents into my big tank of single tails and Lizzy got eaten. lol

That will happen. Lol!

Someone on the forum said plants and snails go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I say fish and snails go together like "steak & lobster". :rofl

:lol: Nice one!! It is so true.