Eggs Hatched!

Goldsguy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look great! Do you have an HOB on the tank? I bet they could handle it at that size. How high are the ammonia and nitrite getting? :idont

I have an HOB and in tank bubbler filter. The ammonia and nitrite are pretty high. Been changing water and dosing Prime daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in awhile. I continue to have the five fry remaining out of initial eight. The smallest is starting to develop well.

Added new AC 30 HOB filter.

Feeding twice a day.

Oh man. I can't help but wonder how big Gary would have been. We were a week behind you:(

They look so different. The finger perspective helps a lot. lol

The big question: now that you have been through the whole process, is it something you want to do again?

Not sure if you saw my thread about a new trick, but I was having so many issues keeping the tank clean from the food. It was taking an hour 3-4 times/day and messing with my Prazi because so much water was being changed. I bought a small, shallow ashtray, sunk it in the tank and squirted the food into it. When it was time to clean it outm I sucked it up with an airline and removed the ashtray to wash it. Not one speck of food hit the floor. It took all of five minutes to clean and almost zero water was removed. It has saved my life lol. Just wanted to share that with you.

Congrats!

Hey!!

Thanks and yeah I saw your trick. It's a good tip especially when recently hatched. Now, they are like vacuum cleaners so nothing stays on floor of tank long.

I had to do a complete tank clean-up recently. Asked someone to add "one cube of rasphasy during the day" from the frig. Came home to a cloudy tank. He had added half of a frozen packet I have in the freezer. I freaked. I'm like THIS PACKET LAST ME A WEEK WITH THE BIG ONES!!" Lol

No harm done though.

I wouldn't mind growing others but only if I had a home. I don't have room nor a yard for a pond as I live in a condo :(

Very nice Golds.

I have enjoyed reading the journey your fry have been on.

They all look like champions.

Thanks Mr Hyde. Looking forward to building the balcony pond.

They sure are zippy little things! :rofl

Are they about 3 months old now? :idont

I don't suppose you remember about when you added a filter, do you? :idont

They were hatched (born) in November.

I added the filter about a two weeks ago. However, I had a bubbler filter in prior with Biomax that I moved to this filter.

Wowza! You'll be setting up ponds (note the plural) in no time! :rofl

Haha. Well better put my condo up for sale.

If I had a house, would love a beautiful landscaped pond.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in awhile. But still have the remaining five fry. Even the smallest is now developing well and growing well. Haven't had any issues.

Did test my pH one day and it was very low 6.0, so started to buffer with Gold Buffer.

Also noticed there appears to be a change in color. One is definitely turning a solid orangish color. Another has a deep red-orange on top of his head, another just seems lighter bronze color.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in awhile. But fry are doing well. I've started them on regular pellets which I've pre-soaked.

They hatched around thanksgiving time.

Started to change colors from fry brown to gold color