My tank & swings.

shuaib

What was in my mind that day I wished if I had a fish tank. With no further ado & little did I know about fishes I bought a tank. Was very keen to understand the cycle of tank & careful to add a fish. However I understood the tank-cycle but never bought a kit to check with param.
Keeping above said in my mind I added one Zerbra danio in my first 15 gallon tank. Kept eye on it all day long just to see if he is doing fine. Every morning I used to wake up & rush to tank to see if he is alive. I imagined what if I have more zebra danio. Now i had like 6 zebra danio.

20120628_170830_zpsf7c7bd99.jpg

20120629_223358_zpsd576a527.jpg

My dad was also attached to the fish tank & one fine day without letting me know he came home with a pair of angel fish. I was surprised, happy, little confused about it. I happily added angel fish to the tank. Knowing about the cycle I used to change 40% water every three day & still had no kit to check with water param.
20120702_213013_zpse16fb7cb.jpg
After few weeks I visited a fish shop & without delaying I bought a pair of redcap goldfish. Everything was fine except one of the redcap goldfish. I added salt to check if it works but next morning I found her stuck to the filter. I thought maybe the filter was stronger but as I moved the filter she just floated, she was dead.
20120705_174503_zps3115bfda.jpg
Meanwhile I started to google & reached kokosgoldfish. I learnt alot & shared few things. I gave away angels, zebra danio. & bought three goldfishes(common goldfish,black moor & oranda). In a 15 gallon tank I had now 4 different goldfishes.

20120919_142140_zpscc5c2eed.jpg

20121010_191740_zps18d6597a.jpg

Later I thought to keep only one fish that is interactive & fun. And again gave away all the fishes I had & bought Flowerhorn.
I had the best moments with this fish, He was only four inches when I got him.

20130219_191438_zps0679024c.jpg

And he grew up till 9 inches with hump head in just few months.
Meanwhile I also upgraded my fifteen gallon tank to a bigger one with only flowerhorn in it. I named him Rocco. Everytime I come near he gets excited & followed my finger.
20130619_225217_zpsed74cfc7.jpg
I started with my new job lost touch with kokosgoldfish & took less care of the tank.
One day I walked in a fish store looked around & went near goldfish tank. It was a flash back for me.
I decided to add a partition in my tank & bought two oranda goldfishes.
20131031_234012_zpsa6e22066.jpg

It was a bit sad to see one big flowerhorn has lesser space to roam. I gave my best fish "Rocco" to one of my colleague. My family was attached to Rocco & every guest came in my house was always attracted & dragged finger around the tank.

I was very curious to see now what my new two oranda goldfish will do after removing partition.

Presently my tank is around 45 gallon with two top filter & one air pump. Couldn't resist & bought one small pearlscale & a pair of redcap. In total I have 5 goldfishes(2 oranda, 2 redcap & 1 pearlscale).

I know I have put more than enough fishes in tank but I think I can manage it.

20131107_203715_zps2e92a9db.jpg

20131107_203732_zpsd68bf4f3.jpg

20131107_203741_zpsb4bf6edf.jpg

20131107_203751_zps7522c821.jpg

20131107_220323_zps5b0aa76d.jpg

Edited by shuaib

Hi there and welcome back! Are you planning on getting a bigger tank anytime soon? As is i think you will have to do water changes every 1-2 days as you have a huge bioload in your tank. A better set up for your 5 fish I think would be a hundred gallon tank. At most I would do 2, and 3 fancy goldfish in your 45 gallon.

The other thing to consider, aside from water quality is stressing the fish due to lack of space and competition for food etc.

Good to see you on the site again, Shuaib.

Thank you for sharing your story. Best of luck with your new goldies. :)

Sent from Tapatalk.

So good to be here. Thank you for welcoming me.

Is it same ole here.

Good luck! :)

Sorry that you had to give up your flowerhorn. He was lovely.

If I had nothing to do then I would simply drag my finger on glass and we would follow it.

I miss my Rocco. He was hyperactive.

Hi there and welcome back! Are you planning on getting a bigger tank anytime soon? As is i think you will have to do water changes every 1-2 days as you have a huge bioload in your tank. A better set up for your 5 fish I think would be a hundred gallon tank. At most I would do 2, and 3 fancy goldfish in your 45 gallon.

The other thing to consider, aside from water quality is stressing the fish due to lack of space and competition for food etc.

No Mex I am not planning for any bigger tank. I feel that is enough. I guess 10G per fancy is enough. I do weekly water changes(40-50%) that's it. I never had any problem with the fishes.

That was quite the tale, Shuaib. Good luck, the fish are beautiful. :)

Yeah its kinda tale. I love that chubby little pearlscale.

I strongly suggest getting one. Goldfish are very messy and while your water params may be fine right now while the fish are small they will get worse as they get bigger. Without being able to test your water, you have no way to tell whether or not your water changes are sufficient or if you have a drop in your ph etc. Essentially, you're blind. And another reason to get the test kit is if one of your fish ever get sick, and you come to this site for help, one of the first questions we're going to ask is about the parameters of your water.

With proper care, your Orandas can grow about as large as your Rocco fish you described earlier and live up to 20 years. One of my orandas is close to 8 inches or so in a 56 gallon tank, and let me tell you - It's a lot of poo!

It used to be taught here that the recommendation was 20 gallons for the first fancy and 10 gallons for each additional after. Since then, the subsequent gallons after the 20 have been raised to 15 gallons instead of 10 because of all the problems that come with poor water conditions. The more water, the more dilute the waste is and it's easier to manage. Also, more water means you'll probably have a larger filter which means more surface area for the nitrifying bacteria to adhere to to break down more waste. So while 10 gallons per goldfish might be okay in the short term, I do not see it sustainable for the long term.

Gorgeous fish you have!

Edited by MexiMike83

I strongly suggest getting one. Goldfish are very messy and while your water params may be fine right now while the fish are small they will get worse as they get bigger. Without being able to test your water, you have no way to tell whether or not your water changes are sufficient or if you have a drop in your ph etc. Essentially, you're blind. And another reason to get the test kit is if one of your fish ever get sick, and you come to this site for help, one of the first questions we're going to ask is about the parameters of your water.

With proper care, your Orandas can grow about as large as your Rocco fish you described earlier and live up to 20 years. One of my orandas is close to 8 inches or so in a 56 gallon tank, and let me tell you - It's a lot of poo!

It used to be taught here that the recommendation was 20 gallons for the first fancy and 10 gallons for each additional after. Since then, the subsequent gallons after the 20 have been raised to 15 gallons instead of 10 because of all the problems that come with poor water conditions. The more water, the more dilute the waste is and it's easier to manage. Also, more water means you'll probably have a larger filter which means more surface area for the nitrifying bacteria to adhere to to break down more waste. So while 10 gallons per goldfish might be okay in the short term, I do not see it sustainable for the long term.

Gorgeous fish you have!

Brother thank you so much. I appreciate. I think i will get the kit soon.