Prazi, salt and Tetra Safestart

goldiegeek

Hi Guys,

I have a new fishie coming home tonight:) I am currently treating all of my tanks with Prazi and salt (possible Ich, flukes) with Alex's help. I changed the water on the new guy's tank today (no meds or salt, cycled) and added some Safestart just because I am paranoid lol. I want to do a course of Prazi on him too. Salt as well. Does anyone know if the salt and/or Prazi will kill the Safestart? Any contraindications?

Yes, it's a cycled qt tank. I am using the Safestart just because I am paranoid:) With the Prazi schedule, I'll be dumping a lot out. No biggie. Just totally overdoing it lol. I paid a pretty penny for the new addition so I'm allowing myself the overkill. Just curious if I would kill the Safestart with the treatment, or if there are any contraindications. I only recently decided to Prazi/salt him after all hell broke loose in my other tanks.

It typically takes about 5-7 days for the BBs in such bacterial additives to populate your filter media. I guess I'm not really sure how affective the BBs are free floating. :idont

It certainly won't hurt anything . . . :D

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. So the good guys will be long gone before they can get to work. The second I dumped it in I figured I should make sure I wasn't doing any damage. Thanks!

That "shoulder shrug" guy in your post is cracking me up. lol