Sign in to follow this  
katearei

cleaning plants

If I don't have pp how should I go about cleaning them before I put them in the tank? Pp at the hardware store is ridiculously expensive

If you have plain bleach you can use that too :)

I won't give you instructions cause there's always the chance I confuse them :rofl but there are plenty of threads on what concentration you should use. Typically 19 or 20 parts water to one part bleach :)

If you have plain bleach you can use that too :)

I won't give you instructions cause there's always the chance I confuse them :rofl but there are plenty of threads on what concentration you should use. Typically 19 or 20 parts water to one part bleach :)

This is good advice! :)

Yep, plain old bleach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome I believe we have some of that under the kitchen sink. How long should I leave it in for?

Awesome I believe we have some of that under the kitchen sink. How long should I leave it in for?

I personally do 3-5 minutes with most plants, I think others here may do a shorter soak.

what kind of plants are you dipping? (some plants do just fine in bleach while more delicate ones can have a tough time with it)

Amazon frogbit

Floaters tend to be a bit sensitive so I might limit soaking time to just a couple minutes at most. I have used bleach with duckweed and it didn't do great. I have never had frogbit so hopefully some who does will be able to weigh in on it :)

I went a head and did it for a few minutes. If it doesn't make it, it's not that great of a loss lol. I was just planning on dumping it in the pond and hoping it makes it but until then I wanted to see if I could multiply it in the tanks

You should cut off all but 1/2 inch of the bleached roots if you haven't already. They all fall off in a weeks time into your filter. They grow back quickly of course.

Let me know if they make it! Im a bit afraid of bleaching my frogbit. They look so delicate.