My new RG Blue Oranda

What size is the qt tank?

If you measure out for a 10 gallon, .1% salt is 37.9g. For .3% you just triple it, so it's 113.7g. That made it super easy for me, now I'm about to read jess's article. I have a feeling it would have been helpful a few weeks ago :rofl

Thanks for the article Jess. I've skimmed over it and will read it in detail more tonight or tomorrow. From my understanding then, Salt for a 10g tank at 0.1% is 37.9 grams and to add at 0.3% it's 113.7 grams. Wow! That seems like a lot in grams. I'm going to weigh it tomorrow. I'm doing daily wc. Thank you again.

what a beautiful boy!!

Thank you. He's a different fish then what I was originally was looking at. Steve was a great help.

:o Look at those cheeks! :clapping:

He's absolutely adorable, Cheryl! :heart

Aww. Thank you. I love him. :)

He is Gorgeous!!!

:) Thank you so much. I'm thrilled with him.

Oh, he's beautiful, Cheryl! Congratulations. If you want to go to 0.3%, just add 11.4g/gallon (somebody check my math!)

You were close. I have 113.7. Thank you very much for fish compliment and helping me with my salt question.

What size is the qt tank?

If you measure out for a 10 gallon, .1% salt is 37.9g. For .3% you just triple it, so it's 113.7g. That made it super easy for me, now I'm about to read jess's article. I have a feeling it would have been helpful a few weeks ago :rofl

Tank is 10g. Thanks for helping me with salt info. I was reading what Jess had posted then came back and posted my info. I'm glad we all have the same amount for dosage. ha ha I added correct. :)

He's perfect!!

Thank you for the description :D And no worries, I figure ponds and tanks are like houses and condos...each have their own distict perks!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :wub::thud

I love your new blue oranda! I think our new O's could be soul sisters :rofl Your potential names are wonderful! I really like the cloud idea :D

:Congrats: I hope your new goldy lives a hardy long wonderful life with you :hug

BTW, did Steve tell you the gender? :hmm

Edited by Flipper

It's not a pond but I'll give him a good home.

>>With the added bonus it's free of marauding snakes, birds, etc. (No [r]Egrets! lol]) That has to help a GF have a peaceful life.

Now that pics are up...it's astonishing how beautiful he is imo. The RG pics online must not even come near doing their fishes justice in person. We love our lfs teles &c. and they are God's little miracles but nowhere close to how good your new fish looks. Ya gets what ya pays fer, you know? Or at least, one seldom gets MORE.

Great choice Cheryl! Whatever you decide to call him, "Slate" would be a fit bec. his colors are the same & shaded just the way slate sometimes is.

He's perfect!!

Thank you for the description :D And no worries, I figure ponds and tanks are like houses and condos...each have their own distict perks!!

:) Thank you and your welcomed. :)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :wub::thud

I love your new blue oranda! I think our new O's could be soul sisters :rofl Your potential names are wonderful! I really like the cloud idea :D

:Congrats: I hope your new goldy lives a hardy long wonderful life with you :hug

BTW, did Steve tell you the gender? :hmm

Thank you. :) I had posted in your thread to feel free to take any of my male names if you want. (if your fish ends up being a male) I'm leaning toward Slate or Marshall for mine. I saw breeding stars on a couple of the blue oranda's over at RG. But Yes, I did ask Steve for all the male Blue Male Oranda's and he gave me three. So I more or less kept changing my mind of them. ha ha ha I still see some breeding stars on my fish pectoral fins.

Congrats on your new Baby Boy ;) He is super CUTE!!!!

Aww. Thank you. :) And yes, he's definitely a boy confirmed by Steve at RainGarden and the fish pectoral fins. ha ha

It's not a pond but I'll give him a good home.

>>With the added bonus it's free of marauding snakes, birds, etc. (No [r]Egrets! lol]) That has to help a GF have a peaceful life.

Now that pics are up...it's astonishing how beautiful he is imo. The RG pics online must not even come near doing their fishes justice in person. We love our lfs teles &c. and they are God's little miracles but nowhere close to how good your new fish looks. Ya gets what ya pays fer, you know? Or at least, one seldom gets MORE.

Great choice Cheryl! Whatever you decide to call him, "Slate" would be a fit bec. his colors are the same & shaded just the way slate sometimes is.

Thanks Steve for all the compliments. :) He does seem to be looking brighter in color's as he's getting settled in his qt tank. Everytime I look at him he just looks more beautiful. :) Agree with lfs fish also. :) I love all my fish. Like mentioned above, I'm leaning toward Slate or Marshall with this new guy. :)

He is Gorgeous!!!

:bingo:
:) Thank you Koko. I hope Justine is doing well. :)

He is gorgeous Cheryl!!!!!! :heart

Thank you Mikey. :)

OMG what a beautiful fish! :heart: Congratulations. I sincerely hope that QT is boring and routine. :)

Thank you Dan. :) So far, qt has been good.

Wow! :wub: What a very handsome fishy. :Congrats:

Sorry wrong thread :o

Edited by Flipper

You picked an awesome guy, Cheryl, I absolutely love his face. He looks like he's going to be a big 'gentle giant' kind of guy. :clapping:

Thank you very much. Right now he's more like a quick-ster. ha ha