came home today to find this beauty in my betta tank :))))

jorie

485527_754824027867950_500580829_n_zps7d last night, i finally got around to redirecting the flow in his tank and i got this the next day! im guessing hes happy :)

WOW! Looks like a very happy boy. I love it when they can show you "you did it right!" :D

485527_754824027867950_500580829_n_zps7d last night, i finally got around to redirecting the flow in his tank and i got this the next day! im guessing hes happy :)

WOW! Looks like a very happy boy. I love it when they can show you "you did it right!" :D

YES! i was definitely having a proud mama moment when i saw it :) Definitely worth all the work when they do something like this!

What do the bubbles mean? Mine builds bubbles too.

I read that it means your betta is healthy and happy, but also wants to "get jiggy with it". Though i also did read that sick bettas sometimes blow bubbles too? i guess just make sure hes still active and eating

• Supporter

congratulations! happy betta days :)

He's perfectly healthy. Although, since I don't have a female, I don't know who he wants to get "jiggy" with. LOL

you know, they grow fond of their own reflection over time! :rofl :rofl

silly boys :tomuch:

He is giving a lil' hint for A GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!! :teehee He's Got That Lovin' Feelin'!!!

Has anyone ever actually bred them & watched the male take care of the bubble nest & eggs? It is AMAZING!!!

Edited by Jeana727

What do the bubbles mean? Mine builds bubbles too.

Male bettas build bubble nests in preparation for breeding. When they spawn, the two bettas kind of twist around one another and as the female releases the eggs, the male fertilizes them, and the eggs fall to the tank floor. The male will then pick them up one my one and carry them up and spit them into the bubble nest, where the eggs hang suspended until hatching. The male is the one who tends to the eggs until they hatch. He'll repair and/or rebuild the nest as needed and make sure the eggs are safe.

I always think that building a bubble nest is a sign of a happy healthy betta.

He will pluck each egg out of the nest, clean it in his mouth & blow it back into the nest!! While almost constantly keeping the bubble nest intact!

But you gotta remove Mom cause she will eat the eggs or the babies!!! :yikes No Happy Mother's Day card for HER!!!

During their breeding the male wraps himself around her & squeezes the eggs out!! Very neat thing to watch!!