Wanting a betta before snow. Transshipping?

kaylaj2355

I really want to order an office betta and I really want it to be STUNNING...according to the office poll, most of us want a gold betta xD Go Broncos, WMU! So basically, we need to ship one in. But with the weather getting cold, I need to get on it!

I found a great place in Florida that auctions off gorgeous bettas through Facebook but they only post a few every week and they sell quickly. I waited last night for them to post a "buy it now" album because they said they would post one that night, and I missed it...they posted them at 4:30AM and the one I wanted was gone by the time I woke up. Not complaining, because I'm sure they have such hectic jobs :rofl But I think I might want to look elsewhere. I looked into BettaAkapes and they seem to have good reviews but I have never shipped in a fish from overseas before.

I guess this is where I need some guidance xD I emailed Linda Olson, the Denver CO transshipper, on October 2 but never heard back. Am I doing this right? Do I contact the transshipper first, and then buy the betta? Do I buy the betta and the seller contacts the transshipper? I'm worried that the two ends of the circle won't meet and I'll either be in touch with a transshipper with no betta to ship in, or be buying a betta with no transshipper. I'm lost!

I would appreciate any stories of experience, any tips and tricks, perhaps any good places in the USA to get flashy bettas...any guidance at this point is much appreciated!

By the by, the Facebook auction page looks really good if anyone is interested :) It's facebook.com/bettabids.

You buy the betta and have the breeder send the betta to your transhipper. Then the transhipper gets in contact with you. The breeder will inform you of when they are sending out the fish. They usually do two shipments a month. The fish generally arrive on a Sunday or Monday and the transhipper gets the fish sent out the following day or any day you choose.

The prices for the transhippers are generally the same. So don't pick one just because he or she is closer. Jennifer and Linda are very good. I have used them both.

Okay, cool!! Thank you much :D I will try for Jennifer just because Linda never got back in touch with me. But that might have been because I contacted her before buying the fish xD

So the breeder will get all of my information then to have the transshipper contact me?

The transhipper will simply write your name on the bag with your fish and send a sheet with your email to the transhipper.

Perfect! So I assume when I contact the breeder during buying they will find out what transshipper I want and all that :P Ooh! Exciting!