Please Help!

CoralPeachy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Sometimes people just don't understand what it means to keep goldfish. :hug It is unfortunate you are running into these problems with your parents.

Like Shelly said, we're all here for you whatever happens.

Edited by ChelseaM

Thank you Chelsea! Keeping fish can be frustrating when you're not in control of everything, at least my dad supports me with my fish stuff. I'll see how Peachy is tomorrow (if she's still alive) and probably euthanize her.

Well I woke up at 4:00 in the morning and found her stuck to my filter intake and then I turned the filter filter off for a little bit and she moved away from it. When I properly woke up at seven she was there again, she's really weak and has pine coned even more than yesterday. Are you sure that I can't treat her in the 3 gallon bucket if I do 50% water changes twice a day? She doesn't move at all so I don't think she would be cramped.

• Helper

I'm so sorry you are going through this :( My parents don't really understand everything I do for the fish but they allow it and support me :( I don't know what I'd do in your situation.

Unfortunately a 3 gallon really isn't good :( I had to do 100% water changes daily when I had my sick fish QT'ed in a 10 gallon tub :( I'm not a mod or anything though.

I'm so sorry :( It would be horrible to know what to do and not be allowed to do anything :hug:

I think if the options are 3 gallon bucket or euthanize... I'd go for the 3 gallon bucket and just do like 3 or more waterchanges every day.

But then again, I'm not a mod. So you're not supposed to listen to me about treatments. :)

I'm really sorry your fish isn't doing well.

As I said, I'm not a mod, so I don't want you to feel like you have the make the decision based on just my post x3 I'm sorry you are in a situation where you need to consider it though :(

Don't worry, I have taken everything into account and think that euthanizing is the best thing to do. Thank you for all of your help.

I think if the options are 3 gallon bucket or euthanize... I'd go for the 3 gallon bucket and just do like 3 or more waterchanges every day.

But then again, I'm not a mod. So you're not supposed to listen to me about treatments. :)

I'm really sorry your fish isn't doing well.

Thanks. I don't think my mum would be ok with me doing that many water changes a day especially since we can't use our kitchen sink at the moment. Also I don't know if I really could because I'm not very well (I have a stomach ulcer and feel sick quite a lot of the time). Thank you for the suggestion anyway :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that Peachy is dead now :crying: . It was so hard to do especially when I had to take her out of the container when she was dead. Coral had been right next to Peachy all day and would nudge her sometimes. Just a few minutes after I took Peachy out of the water to euthanize her, Coral was so active and started following my hand like she used to. I think she new Peachy wasn't well and was kind of distressed by it. I think that Coral will be fine by herself thankfully. :) I just did a water change and will give her some spinach on a vegetable clip to keep her entertained. Thank you everyone that has helped me, I don't know what I would do without this site!