Sign in to follow this  
robertcrowe

Another fish down

I've had my three shubunkins for about 10 years. The first died in July the second in august now the third looks like its on the way out. Anything I can try. He's been acting pretty still the last few days like the other two. I will have to do some tests in the Morning.uzypa8yv.jpg

Also my new orandas vabydezy.jpg

Edited by robertcrowe

I'm so sorry :(

10 yrs is a respectable age.

Did you QT the new red caps before adding them? (Are they in the main tank with your older fish?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you get a chance, fill out all the questions up top and we can try to help you problem solve.

Do you have a QT tank available for the sick fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I salt dipped him last night and threw him in a quarantine tank. He's directly on his side at then top of the water. Still breathing.

Robert, did you QT the new fish? The concern here is that they may have introduced something to the tank, such as flukes. Given his advanced age, he would be particularly susceptible.

Yes. I quarantined them for 6 weeks. They've been introduced to the main tank for about a month already.

Yes. I quarantined them for 6 weeks. They've been introduced to the main tank for about a month already.

Gotcha! Thank you!

Can you think of anything else to share with us? At present, it seems to me that it is likely to be age-related.

Are the new fish doing well?

Yes, they are very active and friendly. Just sucks that all three have passed away in the last 3 months. I guess they were old though!

So Sorry for your losses :( Going on 10 years is a beautiful tribute to your care :) Your new Oranda's are very cute :)