Sign in to follow this  
Mr.B

Quick video of the new Girls

Here is a really quick video of most of the new ladies that are members of my new sorority. This is just an observation tank and I will be posting a longer video in a few weeks, once I figure out where I plan on putting them permanently. They have done fairly well so far, with a few still showing some stress markings, but other than the markings they seem to be settling in nicely. This is a video of water being siphoned out of the tank and there is an empty snail shell in the siphon. The girls went absolutely bonkers trying to get to it. :rofl

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking. :)

th_2013-10-26093329_zps1774b17a.jpg

I was wondering if that little shell was the reason they all huddled around :teehee

Nice video! Good luck with them! :)

They are so pretty and feisty, Amazing Dan! If I ever keep bettas again, I am going to attempt a sorority as well. :)

How big is your tank?

I was wondering if that little shell was the reason they all huddled around :teehee

Nice video! Good luck with them! :)

Thanks, Jenna. :)

aww I love all your girls :) poor snail ;) lol

Thank you, Shelly. I'm can't tell if that was just a snail the went on vacation and left it's shell behind, for cleaning, or if they are eating the snails?? I'm sure that it belongs to a vacationing snail. :teehee:

Your fish are beautiful.

Thank you very much. :)

They are so pretty and feisty, Amazing Dan! If I ever keep bettas again, I am going to attempt a sorority as well. :)

How big is your tank?

Why thank you, Alex. There are nine of them in a ten gallon. I am trying to decide between a twenty long or a thirty long. I figure that for now they are ok, with proper water changes. :)

Oh wow that is just too cute for words XD

very nice! now we need a full tank video! :P

Oh wow that is just too cute for words XD

Right! Thanks. :)

:rofl. Keep us posted. They look very entertaining! :rofl

Will do, I'm having a lot of fun with them. :)

very nice! now we need a full tank video! :P

Thanks! I'll get a full tank video in the next few days, I promise. ;)

Omg, that was so cute! They look like cats gathered around a toy!! :heart :heart :heart I thought they were always aggressive and hiding, but I guess I was wrong! :clapping:

I hope they get along; they look absolutely beautiful together!

Oh Dan! That was a super fun and dynamic video! I love the bright magenta girl at the beginning the the vid :heart Good luck with your harem :blush:

Edited by Flipper

Omg, that was so cute! They look like cats gathered around a toy!! :heart :heart :heart I thought they were always aggressive and hiding, but I guess I was wrong! :clapping:

They DO look like cats around a toy, great analogy, Shawn!! They do this every time I put the siphon in the tank. Other than the one girl I had to take out, they have all been super docile..........to each other. They bite my fingers every time I stick my hand in the tank. :rofl :rofl :rofl They are soooo fun to watch.

I hope they get along; they look absolutely beautiful together!

Thank you. :) So far they all get along really well. That could change, but I'm sending Peace, Love and Flower Power Vibes to them every day. :)

Oh Dan! That was a super fun and dynamic video! I love the bright magenta girl at the beginning the the vid :heart Good luck with your harem :blush:

Thanks, Aubrey!! She has had really good color from day one. The other ladies are coloring up, but still showing stress markings. They are getting better, but I can't wait for all of them to show their real colors. :)

I can't believe I only just found this! Beautifully done!

Gorgeous little girls! They are going to look super stunning once they relax and fully color up :)

They are so cute!!! Now you are making me want to make a sorority. :wa:rofl. Thanks for sharing this!!!

thats so cool! i wanna steal them, they are all so cute!

Gah this is so cool! I'm slowly getting to a point where I'll be comfortable getting some girls :D Your girls are so stunning!! :D

I can't believe I only just found this! Beautifully done!

Ha ha, I am slow to find threads as well. :rofl

Gorgeous little girls! They are going to look super stunning once they relax and fully color up :)

Thanks Fang! I was so jealous of your girls, when you first got them. They are gaining color slowly. :)

They are so cute!!! Now you are making me want to make a sorority. :wa:rofl. Thanks for sharing this!!!

Like you need encouragement, Mikey. You probably have enough on your plate right now though. :pp Thank, Mikey. :)

thats so cool! i wanna steal them, they are all so cute!

Thank you! Watch out, they bite. :lol

Gah this is so cool! I'm slowly getting to a point where I'll be comfortable getting some girls :D Your girls are so stunning!! :D

This process has been less stressful than I thought it would be.....in some ways, more stressful in others. I'm excited for when you decide your ready, take your time. I think it's great that you are not being all break-neck about it. :thumb:

I lost one of the ladies, yesterday. Literally lost one. I have no idea where she went. I have the tank covered, but when I was doing a head count during their water change I was one short. :idont I looked everywhere, but there is just no sign of her. I can only hope that she has been the one who has been constantly jumping out of the tank and that this will not happen again. I guess I'll just have to be more vigilant.

You may have some problems with them in a tank so small. Before they can be moved you need lost of plants. Fake or real is better but you well need lots when you think you have enough get 200 percent more.

I would go with the 30.

Can't wait to see your set up.

You may have some problems with them in a tank so small. Before they can be moved you need lost of plants. Fake or real is better but you well need lots when you think you have enough get 200 percent more.

I would go with the 30.

Can't wait to see your set up.

Thanks, Angie, I'm glad you added your two cents in. :thumb I am trying to figure out where I can put a 33 long, but if that can't happen I will either get a 30 or use a 35 that I have in storage. Right now, I have them in a tank with a ton of cuttings and java fern and fake plants. I have another ten gallon that is pretty well planted but I plan on adding more plants and some fake plants, until I figure out where they will go permanently. I will try and get videos posted of both tanks, in the next couple of days.

Your betta's are adorable in your video. Too cute. :) I can't wait to see what you do for them long term as in tank size and plants.

Your betta's are adorable in your video. Too cute. :) I can't wait to see what you do for them long term as in tank size and plants.

Thanks Cheryl :) I'm having a lot of fun with this and I'm excited to see how it turns out as well. :rofl

You have a lovely harem, Dan :) It tempts me to have another tank with something like this.

Sorry I was late to the party too :)