Sign in to follow this  
gran'sgoldies1

Oh oh I think he's a lionhead!

newfish004_zpsce4c39b8.jpg

021_zps50b27064.jpg

He was brought in as a ranchu but he was the only one out of six that had the head growth and he doesn't have much of a tail tuck. What do you guys think? Lionhead, ranchu, lionchu?

He's adorable!!! I don't have any idea for sure, but he really does have that elongated look if a lionhead, what an adorable penduncle. Lol fun word, I hope I spelled it right.

Congratulations on the new, beautiful fish. :)

He is so cute!!! I think he may be a lionhead. :idont

He's adorable!!! I don't have any idea for sure, but he really does have that elongated look if a lionhead, what an adorable penduncle. Lol fun word, I hope I spelled it right.

Thank you, Mr. B! Whatever he is, he's a sweetie.

Thank you, Mr. B! Whatever he is, he's a sweetie.

Leaning that way too, Mikey.

Lionhead or lionchu, and a very cute one!! :thumb:

What a cutie! Looove the white on the tail. I have been meaning to congratulate you on finally finding your fish! :D

Lionchu confuse me. I'd have to say that or lionhead ;)

I would also vote lionhead ;)

What a cutie! Looove the white on the tail. I have been meaning to congratulate you on finally finding your fish! :D

Lionchu confuse me. I'd have to say that or lionhead ;)

Thanks! He is worth the wait. :happydance

I say wait until he grows out before deciding. He could still be developing.

I'm leaning toward Lionhead!! Lucky you! I used to see them around here quite often but haven't seen ONE in a long time!!! I would snatch one right up IF I saw one......especially as cute as yours!!

Congratulations on getting your new fish. I hope qt goes well for you because I know you've had a really hard time in the past.

If your new fish happens to be a lionhead..............how adorable would that be. I think Lionheads are so cute. :)

Chu, Lionhead, Whatever your fish is, he or she is very adorable and cute.

IM still to new to know the difference myself. :gfish:

:idont but I think he is super duper cute! :wub:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

No wisdom to add from this quarter, unfortunately, except to say congratulations -- he surely is a cute really appealng little guy.

Liking the creative camera btw, getting 2 different images in one pic!

Edited by Steve1107

No wisdom to add from this quarter, unfortunately, except to say congratulations -- he surely is a cute really appealng little guy.

Liking the creative camera btw, getting 2 different images in one pic!

Wish I could take credit for being creative but it was totally by accident! :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your opinions. He does seem to be more lionhead but we'll see how he looks as he grows. Personally I would like him to be a lionchu as then I could still call him my little chu. :)

Hello,

He does have more of a curved back but the wen is shaped more like a lionhead. So, I think he might a lionchu after all! We shall see! :rofl

I don't think it'll work out for you............SO I am willing to take him off your hands!! :pp You KNOW I'm kidding.....at least about the 1st part!!

I'd vote to let him grow up a little. When my Pumpkin was small, he looked totally different than he does now. Whatever he turns out to be, just know that he's a gorgeous fish!!! :):heart

I don't think it'll work out for you............SO I am willing to take him off your hands!! :pp You KNOW I'm kidding.....at least about the 1st part!!

:stop Beware- I have two ferocious guard dogs- a min. poodle and a schnauzer!

I'd vote to let him grow up a little. When my Pumpkin was small, he looked totally different than he does now. Whatever he turns out to be, just know that he's a gorgeous fish!!! :):heart

Thanks! I know I read a post just lately where they said that with proper grooming when they're young they can have minor bumps on their backs smooth out. Can't remember who said it but I'd like to know what they meant. His back isn't too bad but I would work on it if I knew what to do.

But you're right, he IS gorgeous just the way he is!!!

Thanks! I know I read a post just lately where they said that with proper grooming when they're young they can have minor bumps on their backs smooth out. Can't remember who said it but I'd like to know what they meant. His back isn't too bad but I would work on it if I knew what to do.

When you feed them well, and keep their environment clean, it helps them grow up the best that they can be! :) For example, when I got my baby, he looked like this:

563970_10151754280238711_1370777533_n.jp

After almost a year and a half of love and care, he's gone from nerd to hunk. ;)

1382125_10151902713108711_2111462993_n.j

Their bodies, much like ours, change a lot as they grow. That's what I think, at least. :P

When you feed them well, and keep their environment clean, it helps them grow up the best that they can be! :) For example, when I got my baby, he looked like this:

563970_10151754280238711_1370777533_n.jp

After almost a year and a half of love and care, he's gone from nerd to hunk. ;)

1382125_10151902713108711_2111462993_n.j

Their bodies, much like ours, change a lot as they grow. That's what I think, at least. :P

Wow! He's gorgeous. And massive! So do you suggest anything besides the repashy super green, bloodworms and Hikari Lionhead I'm feeding at the moment? I will add peas, beans and spinach as soon as I get to the grocery store.

Congratulations on your beautiful little Chu.