75 Gallon planted update and fishy pics :)

tithra

Wow...show stopper! And your fish.......they are sooooo beautiful.

Can you recommend any threads that were helpful to you in setting up co2? I hope to set up co2 over the winter but I'm scared about gassing fish and controlling ph. I've been watching tpt but the threads are too complicated. Any suggestions?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...show stopper! And your fish.......they are sooooo beautiful. Can you recommend any threads that were helpful to you in setting up co2? I hope to set up co2 over the winter but I'm scared about gassing fish and controlling ph. I've been watching tpt but the threads are too complicated. Any suggestions?
Thanks :)I will pm you some co2 links I found helpful tonight when I get home. I do think that having a ph controller in a goldfish tank is ideal if you want to do co2... It just takes a lot of the guesswork out of making sure ph remains reasonably stable and high.
Oh so gorgeous!!!!!! I just LOVE looking at pictures of your tanks Jess :D
Thanks Haley!
I loved your black b-ground! And with the colors of your fish, it would make a fantabulous tank look even more amazing! JMHO, of course. ;)
I will take it under consideration :pBf really likes it without the background so I was mostly doing it for himSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your tank is new my favorite tank of all time, Jess!

I am a bit jealous, but mostly I am just in awe! :rofl

Thanks Alex! :) I'm really enjoying it so far. I can't wait until the plants fill in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just plain stunning as usual! I'm always so jeleous! And look at the fish! I didn't realized Hashi through such a crazy color change! I love how bright he is! :D

Good job girly!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I literally gasped. Your tank is amazing and these images are breathtaking!! Oh my goodness. I am insanely jealous.

thank you so much :heart

Just plain stunning as usual! I'm always so jeleous! And look at the fish! I didn't realized Hashi through such a crazy color change! I love how bright he is! :D

Good job girly!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thank you! yes, he has undergone a full color change! I have been feeding a lot of new life spectrum recently and it has really intensified the yellows, which I love!

Beautiful!!!

thanks!

Simply gorgeous.

thank you :)

What kinda camera do you have? An SLR?

It's a Nikon D3100, just the entry level DSLR

wow very beautiful! what type of plants are those?

thank you!

Right now I have (from left to right) rotala sp. colorata, bacopa monnieri, hygrophila difformis, ludwigia sp. glandulosa, limnophila mini vietnam, mayaca fluviatilis, rotala sp. indica, ammania senegalensis, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, rotala sp. wallichi, ludwigia cuba, ludwigia atlantis, rotala rotundfolia, echinodorus parviflorus 'tropica', and marselia quadrifolia

What kinda camera do you have? An SLR?

It's a Nikon D3100, just the entry level DSLR

wow very beautiful! what type of plants are those?

thank you!

Right now I have (from left to right) rotala sp. colorata, bacopa monnieri, hygrophila difformis, ludwigia sp. glandulosa, limnophila mini vietnam, mayaca fluviatilis, rotala sp. indica, ammania senegalensis, Myriophyllum mattogrossense, rotala sp. wallichi, ludwigia cuba, ludwigia atlantis, rotala rotundfolia, echinodorus parviflorus 'tropica', and marselia quadrifolia

there beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to come back and look again. Exactly what bulbs are you running in that fixture? I have the same type of lights, but mine is a two bulb set up. I didn't know goldfish could handle the CO2.

Right now I have two zoo med aqua sun and two zoo med aqua floras in this fixture.

The fish have been fine with the co2 so far but it's definitely something started slowly and carefully. Maintaining stable ph is really my biggest concern with co2, and having a ph controller on my setup has made that super easy. It's certainly not a setup I would recommend for everyone but I do think it can be done safely. My fish haven't demonstrated any signs of discomfort as a result of the co2 thus far.

Your tank is beautiful and your fish are g o r g e o s. I can't get over the changes in Hashi. And I don't remember Edie's face having so much yellow in her face also. I love your fish. :wub:

Thank you :) Edie's face was very yellow when I first bought her and slowly lost it over time. But since I switched up my foods it has come back. The yellow is all repashy and new life spectrum ;) bf calls them swimming corn on the cob lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Its so beautiful, I especially love Hashi's coloring! Could you tell me what that substrate is?

(side note: pleasepleaseplease make a new video :rolleyes: lol)

Its so beautiful, I especially love Hashi's coloring! Could you tell me what that substrate is?

(side note: pleasepleaseplease make a new video :rolleyes: lol)

Thank you! Doesn't look like this anymore since I moved recently,I lost a lot of plants.

The substrate is ADA aquasoil