New Plants for Me :)

Flipper

So, I've been forced to work some night shifts at work :( Not good. Having terrible time sleeping during the day. Anyway, as my reward... I went to the LFS and bought some new plants :happydance I also bought Seachem Flourish Excel too. I just bought these a couple hrs ago and have gotten 7 hrs of sleep in 2 days, but I wanted to share the photos even though the set up is not perfect :D The Crinum Natan (crinkley leaf and looks like an onion) are new as well as the marimo ball on the right and the java moss attached to coconut husk. With out further delay...

:teehee Sorry. Technical difficulty. You know me! Technology is not my friend. Wait for it... :)

I guess what i really meant was, with large delay :rofl Shawn, I totally saw your youtube video! I then immediately got dressed and put Dooley in the car. 15 min later. Low and behold- plants. How's that for impulse control.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the crypt on coconut husk

Posted Image

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

:rofl

You're so cute Aubrey. Can't wait to see the pics!

Aww! That's sweet. I would have thought. .. what a goofball. She posted a pic thread with no photos :rofl

I guess what i really meant was, with large delay :rofl Shawn, I totally saw your youtube video! I then immediately got dressed and put Dooley in the car. 15 min later. Low and behold- plants. How's that for impulse control.

y5etenah.jpg

They look great, but I still NEED one too!! :rofl

Your sure do! The texture is super. Their roots are fabulous. I'm a bit worried they are not going to thrive in my relatively thin, inert sand substrate :idont Good luck, on your own plant mission, Shawn!

Beautiful!

Do your goldfish eat/nibble and detroy the moss ball? I have a moss ball that I keep in a small glass container but want to move it to my tank

Beautiful!

Do your goldfish eat/nibble and detroy the moss ball? I have a moss ball that I keep in a small glass container but want to move it to my tank

Thanks. I have a third small moss ball you can't see to well and that is my sacrificial one they nibble and tear :teehee The 2 in front are much larger and have remained intact. Fins crossed. :D

That is a really cool looking plant!

You need to work more night shifts. :rofl

Your marimos look great too! :nana

Thanks Lisa but you get a :wa for cursing me to nights :rofl3 Its absolute torture trying to sleep during the day!

Gosh, your tank is looking so beautiful and green, which makes me green with envy! :rofl

LOL! Thanks Alex! I'm working on it. Better more plants than too many fish, right :happydance

wow looks great!!!

Thank You :)

Okay that crinkly one... How do you plant it???

I must know! I bought a little piece of driftwood to glue a bunch of java fern on, but maannnnn I wanna do that with the other thing!!!

I have a different variety of crinkly crinum, but mine has narrower leaves. It's grown well and been an easy plant, so i'd like to try the natans. I don't recall ever seeing one in the store though.

Can you glue it or does it need to be potted? I can't see any sort of rhizome but I didn't lool closely either :P

I have a different variety of crinkly crinum, but mine has narrower leaves. It's grown well and been an easy plant, so i'd like to try the natans. I don't recall ever seeing one in the store though.

Can you glue it or does it need to be potted? I can't see any sort of rhizome but I didn't lool closely either :P
Sorry about the yucky pic but I wanted to show you the roots. They have a substantial root system. Bulb really looks like an onion. Needs to be in substrate, not spuperglued on wood. Sorry to didappoint :teehee

Posted Image

But when you work night, you buy yourself plants. :rofl

I don't like it when you work nights either cuz then you're not around much. :(

LOL! It true I needed a pick me up! Awwww! I missed my Kokonuts too :hug

:o It's STUNNING! :) I really love the new additions!

I'm starting to think that my husband needs to get a job, because I want new plants, too. :rofl3

Thanks Tammy! Hearing nice things from excellent plantiers makes me warm and fuzzy! :D definitely get that hubby working :nana The plants add so much life to the tank and the fishies are giddy :happydance

It looks awesome!! :)Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks plant master tithra :thud I appreciate your compliment :)

I am thoroughly disappointed :mad:Just kidding! :hug

Lol! I know, right. I'm not even sure I will be able to keep these happy :idont