How do you prepare Repashy?

Georgia

I make 1/2 recipe at a time. I nuke the water, then add the Repashy to that. I mix well and pour into a small stainless steel cat dish I have that is just the right size so that it's quite thin. It sets up in the fridge and I slice it into bite-size pieces. I freeze half and put half in the fridge. :)

Edited by pawsplus

The key to it not messing up your water is to slice w/ a sharp knife and do NOT try to split a piece w/ your fingers. I did this to make smaller pieces for Goldie and YIKES! So now I take the time to split the bigger pieces into Goldie-sized ones w/ a knife.

I do as Koko said & make a cup at a time. I am surprised ya'll make such small amounts ( 1 tsp????)!! I keep enough in a little tupperware thingee in the frig for the week & the rest is in a freezer bag in the freezer!

((I mix it up & then spread it over a non stick cookie sheet....stick it in the freezer until it's firm then transfer to said containers!))

I do similar technique for Mazuri! I keep both available all the time!! They are their staple foods!!

I do as Koko said & make a cup at a time. I am surprised ya'll make such small amounts ( 1 tsp????)!! I keep enough in a little tupperware thingee in the frig for the week & the rest is in a freezer bag in the freezer!

((I mix it up & then spread it over a non stick cookie sheet....stick it in the freezer until it's firm then transfer to said containers!))

I do similar technique for Mazuri! I keep both available all the time!! They are their staple foods!!

1 teaspoon for my 2 fish is plenty for 2 weeks. They're tiny. (1 1\2- 2 inches)

What is Mazuri? It sounds interesting.

Check at Mazuri.com then search Goldfish food. I get a keg of the Herbivore type. It lasts me at least a year! I forgot how how I found out about it but I had issues with floaty fish. I never have these issues with Mazuri!

I mix 1 cup of it with 1 cup boiling water, mix well & spread it over a cookie sheet. Pop it in the freezer til sit then slice it into squares. I keep a few pieces in a little container in the frig for a week & the rest in a good freezer bag.

I keep a batch of this & one of Rapashy ready all the time!! Easy & good for the fish!!

I had said that it lasted me "at least a year" but I just looked at my keg & it's almost TWO years!!

Edited by Jeana727

I use the 3 parts water to 1 part repashy ratio. So that's 3 tbsp. water and 1 tbsp. repashy in a microwaveable bowl, stirred, then microwaved until boiling. At this point I have to continue to stir or else it will start clumping. I pour it into a separate container to set and it does so in just a few minutes :)?

This is what I did the first time preparing Super Green, it worked well.

Liz Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX

Yup, 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons of water feeds my fish for the week :) I never freeze it just because I don't mind making up some on Sundays :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine in the post from Tasty Worms a couple days ago. Helen warned me that it would smell like fresh horse poo when cooking... And it does!!! LOL

I'm feeding everyone on it, from my fry to my betta. They spat it out at first, but now they're getting used to it, they're starting to gobble it down.

I only made up a tablespoon full and that made heaps. Definitely enough to last me two weeks, feeding them with it once a day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporter

I've been doing it ALL wrong I guess I mix a 1/4 cup powder and 3/4 water then microwave until to boils. Then I pour it in a plastic container let it set a few min at room temp then refrigerate it for a fer. They I cut it with a butter knife into about 1"x1"x1/3" blocks. Then when I feed it a tare it apart first into some small pieces them a few big ones lol. They eat it all before long. It funny though they stuff their mouths then chew and chew and chew lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I've been doing it ALL wrong I guess I mix a 1/4 cup powder and 3/4 water then microwave until to boils. Then I pour it in a plastic container let it set a few min at room temp then refrigerate it for a fer. They I cut it with a butter knife into about 1"x1"x1/3" blocks. Then when I feed it a tare it apart first into some small pieces them a few big ones lol. They eat it all before long. It funny though they stuff their mouths then chew and chew and chew lol.

Why is this wrong? This was how I prepared the Repashy many months ago when I was still feeding them this. :)

Lol I said that because its everything people said not to do lol. I will probably continue to do it this way though.

Why did you stop Alex?

I'm not sure why people say not to do that, since it's quite convenient, and most importantly, it works, and works well. :)

I stopped because I got lazy. :rofl

• Supporter

Helen, for probiotics, are you using people grade from a vitamin store?

Liz Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX now Free

my bad, I missed this, sorry.. I use BIOGLAN Probiomax, yes a people probiotic. it's stored on the shelf, unlike other probiotics that need to be refrigerated.

BIOGLAN%20PROBIOMAX%2050%20TAB%2030.jpg?

• Supporter

I have gone as long as 3 months. Generally though I made it as I needed it so it didn't get melty when thawing. The green juice that comes off is gross.

-from my phone.

Chelsea, I found that if I use a small container (with lid) and first put an absorbent paper towel in there, on top of that, lay a sheet of stretch wrap and then put the SG in there, there are no green juices. they get absorbed slowly by the paper towel and at a rate where the paper towel never becomes moist. LOL.. I just laughed at my own method! but it works! :rofl

Helen, for probiotics, are you using people grade from a vitamin store?

Liz Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX now Free

my bad, I missed this, sorry.. I use BIOGLAN Probiomax, yes a people probiotic. it's stored on the shelf, unlike other probiotics that need to be refrigerated.

?

?

Posted Image

That's ok Helen, I should have quoted it so you knew. I appreciate your response:), thank you.

Liz Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX