It's not a pearlscale...

Just kidding it totally is! I figured now that she's out of QT and in the main tank it's finally safe to make a show off for her. I bought a tiku back in June from my LFS that didn't make it through the first night of QT, and when I was talking to a friend that worked there a few weeks back he was really bummed the little guy passed and offered to replace him for free. I can't pass up a cute hamanishiki, and much less a free one! I had chosen a different fish initially but the woman bagged the wrong one and I had no clue until I was out the door, and by that time I was smitten. She is missing some pearls on each side but by time she is large you won't even notice it. She is still a bit skittish so some of the pictures aren't as good as they could be. I'm also open to name suggestions! I got cider around fall of last year so I'd love to have another pearlie with a fall themed name.

10165127035_6da273d738_c.jpg

10165122935_c73f77ae00_c.jpg

10165011944_39c1ff8b2e_c.jpg

10165252173_150eea5b27_c.jpg

Next to Ushi as a size comparison!

And of course this topic wouldn't be complete without Ushi and Cider

10165007564_b8de84daef_c.jpg

10165124205_27de4f118d_c.jpg

I think we're all forgetting such a perfect name for her; Pumpkin! :P Because she's big, and round, and orange :carrot: :carrot: (those are carrots, but they're orange too)

She's SO cute. Mine is getting ready to come out of her QT too! Then its picture time :]

LOVE the wen on her. And her black eyes! :laugh:

What a cuuuutie!!!

It's been so long since I saw a pearlie in a store, but I did come across three over the weekend. None as gorgeous as this one! :heart otherwise I may have taken one home ;)

Congrats on the successful quarantine! :nana

Oh what a cutie!!!!!!! :heart :heart

How about:

Pumpkin

Cinnamon

Cloves

Lol. I'm an idiot :P I didn't see your post.

Plot twist she's a boy! Within a few hours of her being in the main tank he started showing breeding stars on his pectorals. It's a shame because Ushi is gonna be really hassled when it comes to spawning. Luckily he's still small, I can separate them if spawning gets too rough.